PDA

View Full Version : Two more from the shed

Dalboy
10th February 2018, 10:33 AM
Two pieces out of the workshop this afternoon.
Both of these are really just experiments
The little pot with the slots running up and down was finished with copper paint which did dry very shiny but when I put a finish on it went matt in colour as the finish was a satin finish. The outside I used the pyrography machine to apply the texture and then ebonising spray followed by a misting of Golden acrylic interference paint in blue.

The second piece with the ripples was from a tutorial of ripple surface effect by Dennis Gooding on another site his was a random ripple and he got a 50% success rate so I was pretty pleased to have managed to complete this on my first but then I did cheat to get mine to ripple and in a more uniform way

turnerted
10th February 2018, 03:47 PM
A couple of nice pieces there.Well done.
Ted

pommyphil
10th February 2018, 03:57 PM
Thats interesting. Thanks.

Ripple effect here ......Rippled Surface Effect for Vases and Containers | American Association of Woodturners (http://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php?threads/rippled-surface-effect-for-vases-and-containers.12322/)

crowie
10th February 2018, 04:58 PM
Either for the club comp or the stall, you've done very well in my books Derek, Cheers, Peter

brainstrust
10th February 2018, 07:58 PM
man I can't even comprehend how you do something like that:C
very very well done.

Dalboy
10th February 2018, 10:02 PM
Thank you all just having fun some of these I started a while ago just clearing out started projects.

Thats interesting. Thanks.

Ripple effect here ......Rippled Surface Effect for Vases and Containers | American Association of Woodturners (http://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php?threads/rippled-surface-effect-for-vases-and-containers.12322/)

That is the tutorial that I followed but added my own little bit as can be seen if you read all of it

man I can't even comprehend how you do something like that:C
very very well done.

Have a look at the link that pommyphil posted above it will explain how it was done I did explain what happened to mine look for "Derek Lane" posts in that thread.

Either for the club comp or the stall, you've done very well in my books Derek, Cheers, Peter

I finished the rippled one yesterday and it has already gone to a new home and the slotted one I have someone interested in it already