PDA

View Full Version : Maps of NE Victoria/SE NSW Alpine Regions

Chris Parks
13th February 2018, 10:48 PM
A long time ago I spent a fair bit of time in these areas and as I have to go to Victoria I thought I might come back via some of the less travelled routes such as the Barry Way and across to the coast and come out up near Bega or even Narooma. I used to have a whole series of maps of the area but they have gone the way of the Dodo and I wonder where I can get some detailed paper maps so I can do some planning.

Bohdan
13th February 2018, 11:40 PM
Try Maps Victoria (https://www2.delwp.vic.gov.au/maps/maps-and-services/vicmap-topographic-maps).

KBs PensNmore
13th February 2018, 11:40 PM
Chris, check out Hema maps online store. https://shop.hemamaps.com/
Hope this helps,
Kryn

ian
14th February 2018, 06:44 AM
A long time ago I spent a fair bit of time in these areas and as I have to go to Victoria I thought I might come back via some of the less travelled routes such as the Barry Way and across to the coast and come out up near Bega or even Narooma. I used to have a whole series of maps of the area but they have gone the way of the Dodo and I wonder where I can get some detailed paper maps so I can do some planning.The Barry Way through Suggan Buggan shoudl be a very nice, allbeight lonely, drive. I don't know of any route between Jindabyne and Bega that doesn't involve either Brown Mountain (Snowy Mtns Hwy), the B-Double route (Imlay Road), or similar. However, Cooma to Numeralla to Braidwood to Nerriga to Nowra should make a really good scenic drive -- just make sure you have a full tank before leaving Cooma.

Chris Parks
14th February 2018, 12:38 PM
The roads are there you just have to connect the dots, A few years ago I had to go to Delegate via Bega and there is a road through the forest that comes out near Bombala. It's all dirt but a good road none the less and I like getting off the beaten track a bit. I used to do a lot of rally support in that area when I was young and loved the whole thing. The worst thing about the Snowy region is that it actually snows there and a lot of it is inaccessible in winter.