PDA

View Full Version : Record 05 jack plane with Titan HSS blade on Fleabay

Chief Tiff
19th February 2018, 01:10 PM
Hi all;

If anyone is after a jack plane there is a 70's Record HERE (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Record-No-5-Plane-Old-Carpenter-Tool/202233209099?hash=item2f1609e10b:g:tD4AAOSw-RFabnD0); the plane is equivalent in build quality to a Stanley WW2/type 16 onward but the sweetener is that it comes with a good condition Titan HSS blade; about 80% left on it. For those who don't know the Titan HSS blade is considered one of the best blades money can buy for old Stanleys & Records and because they are as thin as the OEM blades you don't need to modify your plane mouth to fit one. Stanley Australia bought them out and continued to make the HSS blades under their own label for several years. The original Record blade is included and has been worn down with less than 10% left so the plane has done some work in its life

Stanley HSS blades go for about $100 on their own (unused & in original packaging), Titans are thinner on the ground and I've only ever seen one in it's original packaging (mine!). The Buy-it-now price for this plane is $85 + shipping; on the high side for either the plane or the blade but combined I think it's a bit of a bargain.