PDA

View Full Version : Doug3030's Open Shed Day 14 October 2018

Pages : [1] 2

doug3030
19th February 2018, 02:58 PM
Probably about time I started a new thread for my 2018 Open Shed Day, which was announced in my thread for the 2017 event which had to be canceled due to family disturbances.

Sunday 14 October is the date, at my shed in Hoppers Crossing, Melbourne (address will be forwarded to all who indicate their intention to attend by PM the week before the event)

Doors will open at 11.00am and close at 4.00pm. We will provide a BBQ lunch and those who wish to can make a donation towards the food.

BYO drinks. Alcohol permitted in moderation. No playing with the tools and machinery if you have consumed alcohol.

Further details will be advised as the event evolves over the coming months. Mark your calendars now if you have not done so already.

Please RSVP in this thread or subscribe so that you get notification of updates. :2tsup:

:fireworks::bbq2::ranton::cheers2::rantoff::australia:

Cheers

Doug

Simplicity
19th February 2018, 05:05 PM
See you there
Last one was good and I'm sure this one will be just has good if not better.

Cheers Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldgreybeard
20th February 2018, 08:13 AM
I have marked down in my calendar - just have to remember to read my calendar:D

Bob

Gabriel
20th February 2018, 10:10 AM
Already penciled in with a fat texta (that way I can't erase it!!)

Can't wait

Cheers
Gab

doug3030
4th March 2018, 10:33 AM
Due to a recent development, I may have to relocate to a new shed before this event. :oo:

The owners of my current shed have hit on hard times and are putting it on the market. :rolleyes:

For family reasons I cannot move back to my own home in Queensland yet so we are looking for somewhere close to where we are now but time will tell.

If the house is bought by an investor, we may be able to stay but we do not know what is going to happen.

If it is not bought by an investor, I just hope that it is bought by someone like a woody who can use and appreciate the sheds and the 15 amp circuits and they don't go to waste.

If you are reading this and are looking to buy an investment property in a good growth area, with a good long-term tenant who loves the place and wants to stay for at least another five years, shoot me a PM.:2tsup:

I will keep everyone informed on how things go but hopefully the event will go ahead as planned and only the venue may change.

Cheers

Doug

doug3030
10th May 2018, 12:41 PM
Due to a recent development, I may have to relocate to a new shed before this event. :oo:

Yes, we do have to move. We start moving into the new shed on 6 June, so it looks like we will be going ahead with the open shed day at the new address. We are only a few minutes drive away from the old place.

Have a look at this - the shed is bigger than the house.:2tsup::D:cool::U

Mr Brush
10th May 2018, 04:07 PM
Phwoar - THAT's a shed :2tsup:

Gabriel
10th May 2018, 07:53 PM
the shed is bigger than the house.:2tsup::D:cool::U

The way I'm guessing everyone who has ever graced the forums would think it should be...

The move aside (never fun) hopefully the new digs are even better than your last place!!

Simplicity
10th May 2018, 08:43 PM
Nice Doug very nice,
Looks like it's a drive up very quickly in reverse kind of shed then break for unloading.
Excellent hope the new home will accommodate the new fantastic workbench too.

Cheers Matt

doug3030
10th May 2018, 09:06 PM
Looks like it's a drive up very quickly in reverse kind of shed then break for unloading.

When we looked at the shed ... umm, I mean house ... there was a gantry crane hanging from one of the I-beams in the shed - hoping its still there when we move in. That would make it good for unloading.

Excellent hope the new home will accommodate the new fantastic workbench too.

Got a spot picked out for it already :2tsup:

Uncle Al
11th May 2018, 09:25 AM
It must have been cloudy down your way Doug. New place close to the old one, and an awesome shed. Talk about every cloud having a silver lining!

Hope the move goes smoothly, and look after your back.

Alan...

Yes, we do have to move. We start moving into the new shed on 6 June, so it looks like we will be going ahead with the open shed day at the new address. We are only a few minutes drive away from the old place.

Have a look at this - the shed is bigger than the house.:2tsup::D:cool::U

DaveInOz
11th May 2018, 12:07 PM
Just replying to make sure I get notified of thread updates :)

Dave (3029)

Smarty90
13th May 2018, 08:35 AM
Noted in calendar, wouldnt mind coming along for chat!

Animalhousing
14th May 2018, 05:16 PM
I can identify with that Bob :)

Mnb
22nd May 2018, 01:38 PM
I'll be there and if I haven't made it to a monthly get together it will be nice to meet you all.

Lovely shed dude.

doug3030
22nd May 2018, 04:20 PM
Lovely shed dude.

Thanks Mnb. I am looking forward to moving in.

Anyway, a quick recap on those attending at this stage.

Those who have said they are coming:

Matt (Simplicity) and Sally?

Bob (Old Greybeard) and Maureen?

Gab (Gabriel) Simone and family?

Smarty90

Mnb

Expressions of interest but at this stage uncommitted:

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

Cheers

Doug

doug3030
15th June 2018, 10:05 PM
I have almost finished relocating to the new shed but there will be a lot of rearranging going on between now and the gtg in October. I am confident that I will be able to get myself set up even better this time.

Just a little story about the move. Last weekend I had three non-woody mates helping me with the move. We were just about to load my WIP workbench onto the trailer when I had to walk away to show the contract cleaner who is doing the move-out clean for us around the house. I thought the boys would just wait until I got back to supervise the loading of the workbench.

Now I am sure everyone on here understands how precious a workbench build is to the builder - so I was not sure what to think when I got back and found the boys had already loaded the bench onto the trailer. I feared that untold damage could have occurred.

Well I have great friends. They packed the bench more carefully than I would have done. It survived the trip without the slightest mark :2tsup: I have great friends.

Anyone else want to put their name down for the GTG at this stage?

Treecycle
15th June 2018, 11:03 PM
Glad to see your precious cargo was well cared for. I know how you feel about others handling your hard work, always on tender hooks.

doug3030
31st July 2018, 11:52 PM
Just over 10 weeks until this much-anticipated event on the Melbourne Woodies Social Calendar. :2tsup:

If you haven't marked it in your calendars yet don't wait any longer.

There's a chance that we might be milling a couple of small logs on the day and we might even fire up my forge and heat treat and temper some edged tools. :D

We have moved since the last GTG but we are still in the same general area in Hoppers Crossing.

We might even have a timber swap and a show-and-tell if there's enough interest.

So who is coming?

Bohdan
31st July 2018, 11:57 PM
Count me in.

harry.huntsman
12th August 2018, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the invitation Doug, i would be delighted to come along. Regards Harry

doug3030
12th August 2018, 12:37 PM
NINE WEEKS TO GO!!! :bbq2:

Doors will open at 11.00am and close at 4.00pm. We will provide a BBQ lunch and those who wish to can make a donation towards the food but there is no obligation to do so.

BYO drinks. Alcohol permitted in moderation. No playing with the tools and machinery if you have consumed alcohol.

Possible attractions are milling a small log or two, heat treating/tempering some blades, show and tell, timber swap, telling tall tales

I will PM all attendees the new address a week before. We are still in Hoppers Crossing, not far from the old shed.

Come along and meet local fellow woodies. Partners welcome. If you bring your kids you get to watch them.

Smarty90

Mnb

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Pagie (told me in person - not in the thread)

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

Simplicity
14th August 2018, 09:19 AM
Yes you missed my problem inner child ego.
But not to worry, Sally is working on eradicating him permanently.
Looking forward to the GTG.

Cheers Matt

doug3030
14th August 2018, 05:48 PM
Yes you missed my problem inner child ego.
But not to worry, Sally is working on eradicating him permanently.
Looking forward to the GTG.

Fixed:

Matt (Simplicity) and his problem child inner ego (if not sooner eradicated :rolleyes:) and Sally?

Smarty90

Mnb

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

jglarki
25th August 2018, 10:10 AM
Looks like it's a drive up very quickly in reverse kind of shed then break for unloading. Nice Doug very nice.

Benny_
27th August 2018, 05:25 PM
I’ll see if I can get my parents to play taxi:q

Mnb
28th August 2018, 04:27 PM
I'll drag my 15 year old daughter along too.

doug3030
28th August 2018, 06:23 PM
7.5 weeks to go!! :woot::hpydans2::hpydans::clap2:

I’ll see if I can get my parents to play taxi:q

It will be great to see you again Benny, if you can get your parents to do the necessary. :2tsup:

I'll drag my 15 year old daughter along too.

She would be most welcome Mnb :2tsup:

Smarty90

Mnb and daughter

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Benny (to be confirmed)

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

Oldgreybeard
30th August 2018, 09:54 AM
Hi Doug,
Things have changed and we are now doubtful starters. Maureen has just been informed that she is required to attend "inservice training' that week end. If she can get out of it, we will be starters, otherwise I am sorry that we will not be able to attend.

Either way, I hope it is a good day.

Bob

doug3030
30th August 2018, 10:05 AM
Things have changed and we are now doubtful starters. Maureen has just been informed that she is required to attend "inservice training' that week end. If she can get out of it, we will be starters, otherwise I am sorry that we will not be able to attend.

Well that is a bit unfortunate Bob. Hopefully you can get out of it, if not there's always next year.

Oldgreybeard
6th September 2018, 09:54 AM
Problem resolved: someone (?me) got the dates confused. Certainly doesn't sound like something I would be guilty of, but ...

So unless there are any more "senior's moments", we will be attending. Is there anything you would like us to bring (within reason)?

Bob

doug3030
6th September 2018, 10:30 AM
That's good news Bob. :2tsup:

Is there anything you would like us to bring (within reason)?

It will be BYO chairs and drinks. If you want to bring some nibblies to share thats most welcome but definitely not compulsory.

We will be providing a basic BBQ lunch. Further details will be worked out closer to the event.

Pagie
6th September 2018, 04:53 PM
So just my chainsaw mill and a ladder to run it on. how long are the logs?

doug3030
6th September 2018, 06:23 PM
how long are the logs?

Longest is about 2 metres

doug3030
16th September 2018, 07:06 PM
Four weeks to go:bump2::bump2::bump2::bump::bump::bump:

Pagie
16th September 2018, 10:51 PM
How wide are the logs so I can bring the correct size saw? Only 4 weeks to go.:2tsup:

doug3030
16th September 2018, 10:54 PM
How wide are the logs so I can bring the correct size saw? Only 4 weeks to go.:2tsup:

I will measure the largest diameter one tomorrow and post its size here.:2tsup:

doug3030
18th September 2018, 07:51 PM
I will measure the largest diameter one tomorrow and post its size here.:2tsup:

Pagie, I haven't gotten out the back of the shed to the logs yet - hopefully tomorrow :2tsup:

doug3030
19th September 2018, 06:02 PM
How wide are the logs so I can bring the correct size saw?

Pagie, the biggest log is 400mm or 16 inches for those of us who have been around a while.

Pagie
19th September 2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks Doug, I'll bring a small saw. :bbq2:

doug3030
28th September 2018, 06:16 PM
Two weeks to go!

The day is approaching fast! Next weekend I will send a PM with the address to everyone who has indicated that they are attending.

Turn up anytime from 11.00am and we will finish up somewhere around 4.00pm seeing as how it will be a Sunday after all and people have commitments on Mondays.

BYO chairs and drinks. you can bring nibblies to share if you want and we will provide a basic BBQ/sausage sizzle. If you want to bring a salad to share that's ok.

Pagie is bringing his Alaskan Mill to cut up some of my logs, so that will provide us with an activity to watch and learn from. Thanks Pagie.

Other activities either planned or spontaneous are likely.

Everyone is welcome to bring something for "show and tell" and some timber to swap if you feel so inclined.

The main thing is - turn up and have a good time and meet some of the other local woodies and their families.

Smarty90

Mnb and daughter

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Benny (to be confirmed)

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

Gabriel
28th September 2018, 06:23 PM
Sounding like a ripper event in the making Doug!
I'll be there but family will be at home (just to help with clarity of numbers etc)

Can't wait!!

Oldgreybeard
28th September 2018, 08:12 PM
A definite "Yes" for Maureen and myself

Bob

Simplicity
29th September 2018, 09:24 AM
It’s definitely yes from us two,
Sally is bringing some food stuff.
I’m interested in any nice free timber [emoji41]

DaveTTC
30th September 2018, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the event of the month!

Truth be told I have not been to anything other than my GTG all year

A resounding yes from me plus Tyler Sammy & Tommy. A 99% probability we will be there subject to an attack from Mars, meteor strike another change in prime minister (ok strike change in prime minister) etc

DaveTTC
The Turning Cowboy
Turning Wood Into Art

doug3030
1st October 2018, 08:34 PM
I have been approached by David (Aldav) who has an idea for something to add a bit to my open shed day. David is going to make a post outlining what he has in mind and if anyone has any strong feelings either way please let me know in the thread or by PM to me or to Aldav if you do not wish to make your opinion public. If anyone feels this will unduly disrupt the day the proposal will not go ahead. I have known Aldav for quite a while so he has not just hit me up for this out of the blue. David will post shortly.

Pagie
1st October 2018, 08:48 PM
Where is the post?

doug3030
1st October 2018, 08:51 PM
Where is the post?

Should be here soon -we arranged for 7:30 - 8:00ish

aldav
1st October 2018, 10:17 PM
Sorry guy's, got caught up on the phone with a forum member (talked him out of what he thought he wanted to buy, it wouldn't have suited his purposes) and then dinner was on the table. :doh:

I've been to a couple of GTG's before (mainly to the North where I tend to gravitate a bit more regularly) and enjoyed the camaraderie of the occasions. I particularly like seeing the work and methods of other woodworkers and comparing notes on past and current projects, there's nothing like picking a brain with a view to mining a few 'diamonds'. I've met Doug a few times and, as any of you who know him would be aware, this has inevitably involved a few lengthy conversations covering a broad range of subjects. :D When I've previously gotten together with other forum members it's generally involved bringing along a few things for show, tell and hands on use along with a few small give aways. At times I've found some members a bit stand offish, probably because they fear that I'm only there to sell things and they might be subjected to the 'hard sell'. Believe me I'm no salesman. :no: Because of these previous experiences I thought it only fair to run my attendance past Doug prior to posting my intention to attend, I'm not looking to spoil anybody's day. If the consensus is that you'd rather I didn't attend I won't be offended. I'm in the process of winding my business down so hopefully it won't be too long before I can attend a GTG without the 'salesman specter' hanging over my head. :2tsup:

Some of you may have noticed that I have a sale on through the forum this month. If you're happy for me to attend it'll give you an opportunity to see and try and if there does happen to be anything you're interested in you can pick it up on the day at the sale price and freight free. Hopefully I'll learn something from you and, you never know, you might even learn something from me. I've gotten to know a few members on here over the years that I'm happy to regard as friends (quite a few of whom I've never sold anything to), hopefully I can make a few more in the future.

Cheers,
David

DaveTTC
1st October 2018, 10:23 PM
Fine by me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pagie
1st October 2018, 10:35 PM
ok by me.

Benny_
1st October 2018, 11:00 PM
I’ll be going but still have to figure out a way to get there. Sounds like it’s gonna be good.

and that’s alright with me aldav

doug3030
1st October 2018, 11:19 PM
I’ll be going but still have to figure out a way to get there. Sounds like it’s gonna be good.

Not sure how close you are to public transport out there Benny, but if you can get on a train to either Hoppers Crossing station or Tarneit Vline station we can get you picked up. Both stations are close to us.

Or maybe someone coming past Doreen might be able to help out?

Simplicity
2nd October 2018, 08:00 AM
Sounds good to me.

Sally will possibly hold my wallet tho, but to be fair we’ve had an expensive few moths[emoji849].

Uncle Al
2nd October 2018, 08:46 AM
I'm not going to the GTG, but would love to if the circumstances were right. If I were to be there, I would certainly like to see Aldav again and take advantage of the free freight and special prices on those long clamps he sells. I already have some of them, but you can never have enough clamps, as they say!

I have been to several GTG's over the years, and most have had someone selling all sorts of bits and pieces and have never felt obliged to part with a few dollars. Stuff for sale just adds to the atmosphere of the day, you never know when a bargain pops up.

Have you all have a great day, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Alan...

Uncle Al
2nd October 2018, 08:49 AM
Sally will possibly hold my wallet tho, but to be fair we’ve had an expensive few moths[emoji849].

You need to open your wallet more often Matt, it gives the hungry moths a chance to escape!

Alan...

Simplicity
2nd October 2018, 12:51 PM
You need to open your wallet more often Matt, it gives the hungry moths a chance to escape!

Alan...

I’ve opened it up turned it up side down, and inside out I. The last few months lol.

Mnb
2nd October 2018, 07:36 PM
No prob here aldav

Benny_
3rd October 2018, 07:21 PM
Mum says she’ll bring me.

doug3030
3rd October 2018, 07:24 PM
Mum says she’ll bring me.

thanks for that Benny - will she be staying or dropping and collecting later. Bearing in mind that there will be several other ladies here she would not be out of place.

Benny_
3rd October 2018, 07:25 PM
thanks for that Benny - will she be staying or dropping and collecting later. Bearing in mind that there will be several other ladies here she would not be out of place.

She’ll be staying. Too long a drive for her to go back and forth she says.

Simplicity
3rd October 2018, 10:17 PM

Maybe she likes hanging out with guys
I like hanging out with Lady’s, and I’m pretty sure I’m male.[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849].

doug3030
3rd October 2018, 10:17 PM
Well, with all the responses about Aldav's proposal being positive it looks like I can add his name to the list.

Matt (Simplicity) and Sally

Bob (Old Greybeard) and Maureen

Gab (Gabriel)

Smarty90

Mnb and daughter

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Pagie

Benny and his Mum

David (Aldav)

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

DaveTTC
3rd October 2018, 10:27 PM
Yeah .... plus three

DaveTTC
The Turning Cowboy
Turning Wood Into Art

doug3030
3rd October 2018, 10:31 PM
Oops - Sorry Dave and kids.

Gab (Gabriel)

Smarty90

Mnb and daughter

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Pagie

Benny and his Mum

David (Aldav)

Dave (DaveTTC) and his three kids

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

Crobian
4th October 2018, 11:46 PM
Hi Doug

I'd like to attend (x1) and meet some of the crew on this forum. None of my mates are woodies.
Anyway, hopefully that's ok.

Cheers Duro (3028)

DaveTTC
6th October 2018, 08:21 AM
Just over a week to go and looking to be an impressive turn up.

Can’t wait!

doug3030
6th October 2018, 10:28 AM
Just over a week to go and looking to be an impressive turn up.

It sure looks like a good crowd coming. That's for sure. :oo:

However there's a lot of people who have not actually posted in the thread for a bit of a while.

If all those who have not posted in the past week or so could just make a quick post confirming that they are still coming that would be great :cool:

That way we will have a bit more certainty around numbers for planning purposes. :2tsup:

Mid-next-week I will PM everyone with the location details and my mobile number in case anyone gets lost.

Bohdan
6th October 2018, 11:16 AM
Still coming.:2tsup:

aldav
6th October 2018, 11:52 AM
I'll be there Doug and bringing the wife, Kath, with me for driving company.

Mnb
6th October 2018, 05:45 PM
You leaving her in the car are you aldav :U?

Is it cool if I bring a handplane and saw to get advice from all you more experienced people?

doug3030
6th October 2018, 05:48 PM
Is it cool if I bring a handplane and saw to get advice from all you more experienced people?

That would be more than cool Mnb - that is what it is all about. meeting other people and helping each other. :2tsup:

Pagie
6th October 2018, 06:45 PM
Still coming.:coffee:

Mnb
7th October 2018, 11:25 AM
Excellent.

By the way, my name's Mary

doug3030
7th October 2018, 03:28 PM
By this time next week it will be in full swing. Let's hope the weather is kind. I have plenty of undercover area so we will be right regardless of the weather.

If you have not confirmed that you are coming by posting in the thread in October, please confirm so we have a better idea of numbers.

Looking forward to a great day.

Me (doug3030) and Jools

Gab (Gabriel)

Smarty90

Mary (Mnb) and daughter

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Pagie

Benny and his Mum

David (Aldav) and Kath

Duro (Crobian)

DaveInOz

Anyone I have missed?

Treecycle
7th October 2018, 04:19 PM
Make sure we get photos:photo2: otherwise we will all think it was just a hoax.:roll:

DaveInOz
8th October 2018, 09:26 AM
Confirmed - Daveinoz +1

doug3030
8th October 2018, 07:19 PM
Just updating the list (and bumping the thread up :2tsup:

At this stage the weather is forecast to be 23 degrees with a couple of showers, but being Melbourne and six days out who cares what they say?

If you have not confirmed that you are coming by posting in the thread in October, please confirm so we have a better idea of numbers.

Looking forward to a great day.

Me (doug3030) and Jools

Gab (Gabriel)

Smarty90

Mary (Mnb) and daughter

Bohdan

Harry Huntsman

Pagie

Benny and his Mum

David (Aldav) and Kath

Duro (Crobian)

DaveInOz and friend

Anyone I have missed?

doug3030
10th October 2018, 04:26 PM
Over the next two evenings I will be sending PM's out containing my address and mobile number to all who have confirmed their attendance this month.

The PM system allows sending to five people at a time so I will have a few messages to send to get to all of you.

Please check that you have posted in this thread in October and if you have not, please confirm your attendance or you might not get told where it will be.

If you have not received your PM by Friday please let me know.

Closer to the day I will also be posting more details pertinent to having the day run smoothly.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new on Sunday.

warmtone
10th October 2018, 09:12 PM
Over the next two evenings I will be sending PM's out containing my address and mobile number to all who have confirmed their attendance this month.

The PM system allows sending to five people at a time so I will have a few messages to send to get to all of you.

Please check that you have posted in this thread in October and if you have not, please confirm your attendance or you might not get told where it will be.

If you have not received your PM by Friday please let me know.

Closer to the day I will also be posting more details pertinent to having the day run smoothly.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new on Sunday.

Hi Doug as requested by PM I would also like to attend.

Brian

doug3030
11th October 2018, 10:18 AM
Just updating the attendance list.

Doors will open at 11.00am and close at 4.00pm

BYO drinks and chairs. Bring some nibblies to share if you wish. We will put on a basic BBQ - (sausage sizzle)

If you have special dietary requirements please let me know. Nobody give me any nonsense about champagne and caviar diets (I'm talking to you, Matt)

David (Aldav) will have some items on special for sale. He said he might also donate a door prize.

Bring along any item of work or tools you want to show off.

Bring some timber for a timber swap

Pagie will be milling some logs on his Alaskan Mill

If you have not already gotten your PM with my address and phone number you should get it this evening at the latest.

See you all on Sunday

Those who have confirmed they are coming:

Me (doug3030) and Jools

Gab (Gabriel)

Mary (Mnb) and daughter

Bohdan

Pagie

Benny and his Mum

David (Aldav) and Kath

Dave (DaveTTC) Tyler Sammy and Tommy
Duro (Crobian)

DaveInOz and friend

Brian (Warmtone)

Those who still need to confirm attendance (please confirm so that we have a recent commitment for better certainty of numbers):

Smarty90

Harry Huntsman

Simplicity
11th October 2018, 01:43 PM
Just updating the attendance list.

Doors will open at 11.00am and close at 4.00pm

BYO drinks and chairs. Bring some nibblies to share if you wish. We will put on a basic BBQ - (sausage sizzle)

If you have special dietary requirements please let me know. Nobody give me any nonsense about champagne and caviar diets (I'm talking to you, Matt)

David (Aldav) will have some items on special for sale. He said he might also donate a door prize.

Bring along any item of work or tools you want to show off.

Bring some timber for a timber swap

Pagie will be milling some logs on his Alaskan Mill

If you have not already gotten your PM with my address and phone number you should get it this evening at the latest.

See you all on Sunday

Those who have confirmed they are coming:

Me (doug3030) and Jools

Gab (Gabriel)

Mary (Mnb) and daughter

Bohdan

Pagie

Benny and his Mum

David (Aldav) and Kath

Dave (DaveTTC) Tyler Sammy and Tommy
Duro (Crobian)

DaveInOz and friend

Brian (Warmtone)

Those who still need to confirm attendance (please confirm so that we have a recent commitment for better certainty of numbers):

Smarty90

Harry Huntsman

I wouldn’t say champagne is clever,
But it is classic, and it is spring [emoji849][emoji102].

Bushmiller
11th October 2018, 04:41 PM
otherwise we will all think it was just a hoax.:roll:

Oaks, Oaks..... what sort of Oaks?

Silky Oaks, True Oaks, She Oaks ?

:?

Agreed, plenty of pix needed. All the best for successful day.

Regards
Paul

Simplicity
11th October 2018, 07:53 PM
Oaks, Oaks..... what sort of Oaks?

Silky Oaks, True Oaks, She Oaks ?

:?

Agreed, plenty of pix needed. All the best for successful day.

Regards
Paul

Paul,
Are you hunting more saw handle blanks,like you would have a chance with me being there!!!(insert evil laughter)
Plus I know the head of the blow in catering group personally.

Cheers Matt,

Bushmiller
11th October 2018, 08:31 PM
Matt

Knowing I wouldn't stand a chance of getting in ahead of you consoles me. :wink:

It looks like it's going to be a really good day.

Regards
Paul

doug3030
11th October 2018, 08:34 PM
Ok, I have sent PM's to everyone who has confirmed that they are attending with my address and mobile number in it.

Check your PM's and let me know if you don't have it.

harry.huntsman
12th October 2018, 02:02 PM
Hi Doug
Its harry. huntsman@ internode. on. net
I'm not familiar with how this works, so please excuse me if this wrong.
I would like to join you on Sunday, but I don't have the address.
If you could reply to my email address that would be much appreciated, or any other way that works.
Regards
Harry

doug3030
12th October 2018, 08:58 PM
Hi Doug
Its harry. huntsman@ internode. on. net
I'm not familiar with how this works, so please excuse me if this wrong.
I would like to join you on Sunday, but I don't have the address.
If you could reply to my email address that would be much appreciated, or any other way that works.
Regards
Harry

you have mail Harry

doug3030
12th October 2018, 09:05 PM
Everyone has confirmed their attendance except for Smarty90 at this stage.

Smarty90, if you intend to come please confirm and I will send you the address

Thanks

doug3030
12th October 2018, 10:06 PM
Just a few little items of shed etiquette so we all know what to expect -

We live right at the end of a Court. As is the case in most courts this means a lot of driveways in a small area so it may not be possible for everyone to park at the front door. Please respect the neighbors' driveways. I have to live here after everyone has gone home.

Once you have parked, come up the driveway and enter through the garage, through the open rolla-door. Do not knock on the front door - there will probably not be anyone in the house to hear you.

Please bring your own chairs if you can. We have a limited number of spare chairs for those who may not be able to bring their own for whatever reason.

There will be some fridge space available to put your drinks in, but it may fill up quickly. Alcohol is permitted but common sense is to prevail. If you choose to drink do not expect to play with any toys with sharp bits or spinning parts

There is no need to dress up to visit my shed. Dress in your shed clothes or at least something comfortable that you don't mind getting dirty in if the opportunity arises. Enclosed footwear is recommended.

Tablesaws, bandsaws, jointers, thicknessers, drill presses, milling machines, vises, forges, anvils and lathes or anything else made of steel or cast iron are not considered as suitable places to put your drink down.

We are providing a basic barbecue lunch, Some other attendees have indicated that they are bringing other food to share. It is your choice whether to bring any food or not. I acknowledge that some people would rather make a cash donation to the running of the day and for that reason there will be a donation box put out. Contributions of food or dollars are appreciated but are entirely your own free choice and we will not be keeping score of who does or does not contribute and I trust that nobody else will either. We never truly know what someone else's circumstances are and I do not want anyone who cannot afford to contribute to feel at all uncomfortable or unwelcome, or even worse, not come at all.

It is a condition of our lease that smoking is not permitted in the undercover areas. Common courtesy also rules out smoking around food. I respect your right to smoke, if you are so inclined, and ask you to respect other people's rights to not be forced to inhale the byproduct of your pleasure. If you wish to smoke please go into the side yard and stand in the vicinity of the clothes line, which is in a separate area from where the gathering will be. Please dispose of your butts thoughtfully. If I see smoke or flame coming from any part of your body or anything you are holding and you are not near the clothes line I will assume you are on fire and you will be extinguished in the most expedient manner available. Smoke emitted by barbecues and chainsaws will be considered as a normal function of their operation and no action will be taken against them unless they become out of control.

Behavior of children is the responsibility of the accompanying parent.

Above all, have fun, meet new friends, swap ideas and get inspired.

Benny_
12th October 2018, 10:56 PM
I don’t seem to have the PM

doug3030
12th October 2018, 11:03 PM
I don’t seem to have the PM

Oh NO!!

Somewhere in the world there is someone named Benny - without an underscore - wondering why he got an invite to my open day :oo:

Hopefully they won't publish the details on Facebook or we might all get overrun.

doug3030
13th October 2018, 08:52 AM
Weather forecast for tomorrow is 26 degrees and mostly sunny - Bring it on !!!

Oldgreybeard
13th October 2018, 10:23 AM
Just back from Lakes Entrance - will be coming.

I will bring a couple of pieces of old red gum posts 5" x 5". You can raffle it, cut it up and share around of keep it for yourself as a 'thank you' for the GTG - Your call.

Bob

doug3030
13th October 2018, 03:48 PM
Jools is baking yummy stuff for tomorrow. It smells great. :PANCAKES:

The weather forecast is looking good so don't forget your hats and sunblock in case you need it. :wtg:

Don't forget to bring something for the timber swap and show and tell. Put them in the car today so you do not forget in the morning. :please:

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Simplicity
13th October 2018, 05:02 PM
Jools is baking yummy stuff for tomorrow. It smells great. :PANCAKES:

The weather forecast is looking good so don't forget your hats and sunblock in case you need it. :wtg:

Don't forget to bring something for the timber swap and show and tell. Put them in the car today so you do not forget in the morning. :please:

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Awesome between Jools and Sal backing, looks like catering is all sorted.
Will not be bringing timber to swap, but everyone just tell Sal Matt really needs that piece of timber[emoji855].

Cheers Matt,

Mnb
13th October 2018, 06:15 PM
Traffic warning!! For those going through the city, as I am, the Melbourne marathon is on tomorrow. There are road closures in the city and surrounds so there might be extra traffic.

I'm glad I decided to post that - caught up on the last lot of messages. I was going to make potato salad but I haven't had time (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). See ya tomorrow .

doug3030
13th October 2018, 07:43 PM
Traffic warning!! For those going through the city, as I am, the Melbourne marathon is on tomorrow. There are road closures in the city and surrounds so there might be extra traffic.

I'm glad I decided to post that - caught up on the last lot of messages. I was going to make potato salad but I haven't had time (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). See ya tomorrow .

Thanks for the heads-up Mary.

It is amazing how many events are on tomorrow! Before I set the date for the GTG I checked all sorts of event calendars for Melbourne, even googled the date and nothing of significance came up. You can only do so much.

I'm sure your potato salad would have been beautiful but if it is not to be that's how it is. There will be enough food.

Oldgreybeard
14th October 2018, 09:19 AM
Fair posssibility that a pasta salad will replace Mary's potato salad.just checked in the Kitchen and is looking good.

ubeaut
14th October 2018, 10:18 AM
Good luck folks hope you have a great day.

Unfortunately/fortunately we have a prior arrangement for the today or may have been starters. Going to see the Chantoozies singing Motown hits and beyond at Meredith Hotel.

Have fun and enjoy the day.

Cheers - Neil :U