PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE:QLD Surveyors Dumpy level, tripod and staff

Xanthorrhoeas
23rd February 2018, 06:38 PM
Sokkisha brand model C3A professional, precision level, good tripod and surveyors staff. These are the old-fashioned way to set-out a property for a building or for landscaping. No batteries or computer knowledge required! Set up the tripod and get the dumpy absolutely perfectly level on the bubble. Eyeball through the level and read the measurements off the staff at different peg points.

Yes .. that's the woodwork connection - wooden pegs driven into the ground.

My father was a civil engineer and loved this thing. He's no longer here to use it - but you practical people out there could do so.

$100 the lot

Pick-up only from Moggill or Chelmer (suburbs of Brisbane)

430360 430361

damian
24th February 2018, 02:45 PM
I am in tassie on holidays back home early march. If you still have it then I'd be keen. Lousy timing :)

John Saxton
24th February 2018, 05:09 PM
This would be a nice pick-up for someone perhaps Damian may be lucky to lay his hands on it.

Many years back in my youthful school days I used to fill in for a surveyor as his Chainman whilst his regular guy was away during the summer months.The surveyor was of Dutch origin with limited English.Seeing all the gear above brought back memories of lugging the equipment around often times in trying terrain.

Xanthorrhoeas
24th February 2018, 06:25 PM
Hi Damian,

When exactly in early March?

David

damian
23rd March 2018, 02:09 PM
I'm back! Sorry. It was a bit of an epic trip and I've been flat out since I returned.

I will try to pm you so we can sort details if they are still available.

Xanthorrhoeas
23rd March 2018, 06:12 PM
All OK. I will respond by PM.

David

damian
24th March 2018, 01:32 PM
I tried twice but I'm not sure it worked. I'll try and email you.