PDA

View Full Version : LPG conversion of gas hobbs/oven

justonething
5th March 2018, 12:08 PM
I hope this is the right forum to seek some advice. I have a natural gas cooktop/oven that I want to convert to using BBQ gas. The burners come with a LPG conversion kit. The gas connection to the cooktop is a 1/2" BSP. I have sourced a class D flexible hose. But to be able to connect to the LPG regulator, what adapter would I need? Would a SAE union like the picture below be the one? This must be often done for caravans and hence my post in this forum.
https://www.caravansplus.com.au/images_tiff/2012/sae-bsp12l.jpg

Handyjack
5th March 2018, 05:40 PM
Perhaps ask a qualified gas plumber.

rwbuild
5th March 2018, 08:49 PM
Could I respectfully suggest that you leave it up to a qualified gas ticketed plumber to do it for you, if something goes pear shaped and you claim insurance it could get very messy for you, you aint got a hope in hell of a successful claim

DavidG
5th March 2018, 08:57 PM
DISCLAIMER

No liability is accepted by UBeaut or the Wood Working Forum's administrators
or moderators for advice offered by members posting replies
or asking questions regarding gas work.
We strongly advise contacting a Licensed Tradesperson for all gas work.
WARNING

Information supplied within posts is not to be considered as detailed formal instructions to complete a task.
Members following such information do so at their own risk

justonething
5th March 2018, 10:18 PM
Could I respectfully suggest that you leave it up to a qualified gas ticketed plumber to do it for you
Thanks for the advice. As to the original question, I think I can answer it myself. The LPG regulator has a 3/8" BSP female, so a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter is what I'll need.

MeutiaMSM
21st June 2021, 01:59 PM
Is your problem solved? Because I also have a problem, greetings and want to find a solution regarding the part of the gas oven.