PDA

View Full Version : The Tower

Dalboy
24th March 2018, 09:47 PM
This is another competition piece I will be entering into our club soon
It stands 12" tall and at it's widest is 3 1/4" The main tower is Ash and the bowl section is Field Maple with the eye in Holly. The top was textured on the outside using a hanging type multi-tool with a small metal cut off disc in the edge.
Ebonising spray was used for the black and airbrush gold paint for the inner surface over the ebonising spray as it is the best effect when done that way. I added some decorative copper nails around the base to add something to a very plain support.
The eye again ebonising spray after using a pyrography machine for the pattern then a gold gilt cream rubbed in. Once it was fully assembled a coat of micro-crystalline wax applied for protection as this is for decoration only so will not be handled a great deal.

crowie
24th March 2018, 10:19 PM
Now that one very fancy elegant piece Derek...well done sir!! Cheers, Peter

Dalboy
25th March 2018, 07:00 AM
Thank you Peter been doing this between making the firetruck which has been a bit slow

hughie
25th March 2018, 01:08 PM
Wow! it certainly has an elegant air about it. The eye or the suspended part reminds of the "all seeing eye" :U
Great composition :2tsup:

tony_A
25th March 2018, 01:14 PM
I like this Derek. The design, the shape and colour all work well together.

Tony

artme
27th March 2018, 03:13 PM
Woweee!! A bit of science fiction for inspiration? The eye of the Horus perhaps?

Great looking, and very original piece!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: