Cheers Matt
Admin I know it not the right place just trying to see if there's interest

Simplicity
27th March 2018, 04:54 PM
Any takers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mnb
27th March 2018, 07:26 PM
Would love it but I couldn't do it justice. Why you getting rid of it?

Now I'm starting to talk myself into it. Just past Belgrave so not far away. I have a few things you might be interested in but all need t.l.c. Handsaws etc

Edit - Impulse reply. I have no knowledge of the wood either. I just reacted to the idea of free wood that I haven't used before.

Simplicity
27th March 2018, 08:30 PM
Would love it but I couldn't do it justice. Why you getting rid of it?

Now I'm starting to talk myself into it. Just past Belgrave so not far away. I have a few things you might be interested in but all need t.l.c. Handsaws etc

Edit - Impulse reply. I have no knowledge of the wood either. I just reacted to the idea of free wood that I haven't used before.

I actually don't need it for anything
Also I'm not a big fan of softwoods
But saying that it's $100 plus new would make a great bench if cut in half.
Just be a shame to scrap it.
And I'm not a horder.

Cheers Matt

Sturdee
27th March 2018, 10:29 PM
And I'm not a hoarder.

Cheers Matt

except for old and decrepit hand tools. :U

Peter.

FenceFurniture
28th March 2018, 05:59 AM
Corrr.....that's a good'un! I'd grab that in a snip!

Doesn't anyone need a couple of painting planks or summink? Or as Matt says a bench? Laminate together to make 5x5" legs?

Go on Mary......mmmmmm.......freeeee.......delivered.........Matt takes payment in rust......

Even if you painted it for use an as outdoor bench on a couple of saw horses...

Simplicity
28th March 2018, 07:06 AM
Beam is gone
Pending pick up today.

Cheers Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mnb
28th March 2018, 10:54 AM
Glad you found it a home, though I was just about to say I would take it. I'm a mongrel - Dad is definitely a horder but mum is definitely not. We just had a hard rubbish collection here and I would slow down when driving past something thinking "you can't throw that away, what a waste " or "I bet that would come in handy" then drive away thinking 'no we have too much stuff already' or 'I don't need a table I already have two that don't fit in the house' etc.

I lasted for a week and a half. Then I grabbed a carpet, two of those blinds with horizontal wood slats, a wooden crate and three 10 or 15 litre plastic containers perfect for scrap wood which turned out to be full of scrap wood. The rubbish was collected the next day lol

Edit, I would certainly have taken it if it was going to be scrapped otherwise. You can't scrap that, man!