PDA

View Full Version : For Goodness sake,

MWF FEED
1st April 2018, 12:10 PM
Or a very abridged version of it:D.

Yesterday afternoon I was making some mods to the front of my "barn". I had been grinding, cutting, banging with hammers etc on the steel trusses; so there was plenty of noise and sparks. I had been hearing noises of movement along the front wall and the 'feeling' that there was something moving around. Also heard the rustle of movement in the scrap pile in front of the workshop the other side of a 8m laneway. Came time to finish the day so as I entered the workshop to shut things down there was the sound like a very coarse bristle broom being rubbed on the concrete. In the centre of the floor was a large (most likely a 6 foot) brown snake making a getaway towards the back wall and under a bench. No sign of him on the outside of the shed; so the bustard must still be in there.

All quiet this morning; but was a cool night. Air temp now 28C so he might be getting ready to make a move. I am about to finish my coffee and go back over to the shed. I am going to fire the air comp. up and use the air hammer on the concrete floor. That should make plenty of noise and vibrations through the concrete to give him the hint he is not welcome.

At least last years cardiac repairs were good. No heart attack yesterday.

Ken

Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com... (http://metalworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=201689&goto=newpost)