PDA

View Full Version : New Listing Looking for a place to use a pillar drill and band saw Sydney E.

togril
3rd April 2018, 04:36 PM
Hello Woodworkers:
It's been a while since I have been on this site, and if I have posted in the wrong place please let me know.

I don't have a "workshop" any more and I am looking to do a (fairly) simple job of drilling and cutting my Double Bass bridge - so that I can put height adjusters in it.
It really is a case of 2 drilled holes and 2 cuts - but they need to be accurate - hence the pillar drill and saw.
Everything needs to be very "straight" as the base of the bridge is carved to fit the surface of the Instruments curved belly - and needs to stay that that way.

I am in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, but can get on a train, and if anyone would spare the equipment & time for me to do this, I would be very happy to pay for that.

I will have to order the adjusters, but in the meantime if anyone can help me with this please let me know.

Thanks Very Much!.
T :)gril.
Pics to make it clear:

togril
7th April 2018, 02:19 AM
Well, that's over 850 views - perhaps someone can tell me of anywhere I could go that may have the facilities? Like a shed or something?
I am also looking - but am coming up with nothing. I thought it would be fairly simple.
Also - I would supply the drill bits, though not a saw band. :).

Thanks again. Please - let me know if you have any good ideas.
T.

Pat
7th April 2018, 07:19 AM
If you are desperate and don't mind a day trip down the South Coast to Wollongong, during the week, I have a bench drill and bandsaw available.

Christos
7th April 2018, 08:13 AM
I am no longer in Sydney but when I was living there I was a member of the Eastern Suburbs Woodturners. This is there website, Woodturning - Eastern Region Woodturners Inc (http://woodturner.net.au/). They have a drill press and bandsaw in the shed if you are not a member then it might not be possible to use their equipment. They were a very friendly group of people so it might be possible for one of the members to make/complete this for you.

Chris Parks
7th April 2018, 09:48 AM
If you are desperate and don't mind a day trip down the South Coast to Wollongong, during the week, I have a bench drill and bandsaw available.

I live further up the coast from Pat if it helps. Is there a men's shed in your vicinity?

Pac man
7th April 2018, 10:05 AM
If you want to do more of this sort of thing down the line try Marrickville Maker space - membership fee

stirlsilver
20th April 2018, 11:47 AM
Hi Togril,
If you are still looking, Wayne Mavin may be able to assist?
https://app.hobbysociety.com/en/listings/28-woodworking-workshop-on-request

Or possibly Andrew Pinnock
https://app.hobbysociety.com/en/listings/37-woodworking-workshop-and-expert-assistance-on-request

I know a few other woodworkers in the area so if he can't help I might know someone who can.

Stirling

togril
14th May 2018, 03:08 PM
Hello Everyone: I am really sorry it's taken SO long to get back to you all, but I really appreciate the help. I will go through the suggestions you all posted back in April.
Thank you all very much. :)
Also Pat and Chris - thanks for the offer, very kind - hopefully I can find something a little closer and should be ok with the suggestions.

Regards.
T.