PDA

View Full Version : Tough man

Wongo
2nd October 2005, 11:19 PM
When a good piece of wood is about to hit the ground, what do you do?

DavidG
2nd October 2005, 11:53 PM
Good catch.
Is the wood Ok. ;)

E. maculata
3rd October 2005, 12:10 AM
WTG that's my sorta trick, save the timber at any cost, reaction over rational thought. :eek:

Wood Borer
3rd October 2005, 01:14 AM
Scott,

You need to sharpen your chisels and planes - too much hair on your arm. :D Perhaps you have a new method of testing for sharpness.

Harry72
3rd October 2005, 09:11 AM
too much hair on your arm.

Ha ha Wongo wears his shoe's on his hands!

gazaly
3rd October 2005, 10:19 AM
Ha ha Wongo wears his shoe's on his hands!
He must walk on all fours like Zed :D

AlexS
3rd October 2005, 07:55 PM
Scott,

You need to sharpen your chisels and planes -
...but don't drop them! :D

MajorPanic
3rd October 2005, 09:22 PM
I try hard not to do that when I'm working with my scalpel, I've almost done it twice - put yer foot out to break the fall.

Then you have a little think to yerself - "That was close -DUCKHEAD!!"

DanP
4th October 2005, 12:27 AM
"That was close -DUCKHEAD!!"

Didn't know you were a kiwi, Major. :p

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2005, 12:37 AM
.... I've almost done it twice - put yer foot out to break the fall....

What, you with ya steel capped toenails???? :rolleyes:

Ya missed that time Dan... The K1W1's put sheyet on us about wearing thongs 'cos we can't do up our shoe laces..... the Major doen't wear any shoes at all..... :eek:

BTW, Wongo, it missed ya vital organ, get back on ya head, sook. :D

barnsey
4th October 2005, 03:58 AM
Don't ya hate that - stickin ya foot out to save the edge on the freshly hone skew you just ground :rolleyes:

The 2" register chisel was the worst :eek:

I hate it when I get a dose of the dropsy's :o

MajorPanic
4th October 2005, 10:45 PM
What, you with ya steel capped toenails???? :rolleyes:

..... the Major doen't wear any shoes at all..... :eek:

Thanks for pointing that out to everybody & his dog Cliff!!! http://www.ubeaut.biz/shout.gif http://www.ubeaut.biz/shout.gif http://www.ubeaut.biz/shout.gif

That knowledge is only gained by visiting my workshop, what's the point now??? everybody knows!!! http://www.ubeaut.biz/toothless.gif http://www.ubeaut.biz/toothless.gif

zenwood
4th October 2005, 11:02 PM
Hope you didn't get blood on the wood:eek::D

Waldo
8th October 2005, 11:32 AM
I try hard not to do that when I'm working with my scalpel, I've almost done it twice - put yer foot out to break the fall.

Then you have a little think to yerself - "That was close -DUCKHEAD!!"

G'day,

Just last week I did the same thing when mounting some layouts for a client. The scalpel dropped to the Tassie Oak floor and as always when dropping something I put my foot out to stop what is normally a glass or plate from breaking, luckily I stopped the scalpel, even more lucky was the blade was pointing up when my foot made contact. :eek:

Gingermick
8th October 2005, 12:47 PM
what are you doing dropping good bits of wood anyway?

steve54123alt
20th October 2005, 10:47 PM
yep, I'd do (have done) the same... maybe it was all that soccer as a kid. It has saved dinging a nice crisp corner many times.

Caliban
24th October 2005, 10:15 PM
one of the best woodturners I know has taught woodwork all his life. On the last day of the school year he was making some drawers and to save time he stacked them up on the side of his tablesaw. The inevitable happened, the stack toppled and he instinctively reached out to save the wood from hitting the floor. Put his hand straight through the blade. Lost the top joint of his index finger and half of his holidays. He is normally the most safety conscious person you'd meet.
The wood hit the floor anyway, so don't feel so bad Scott at least you saved the wood. :D

anthonyd
25th October 2005, 10:46 AM
I often do the same thign when I am soldering - drop the soldering iron and try to save it ($400 iron:rolleyes:).

Damn those things are hot to catch in your hand!

DanP
26th October 2005, 01:01 PM
and half of his holidays.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek:Is this enough for you Silent;) :eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: