PDA

View Full Version : Timber in Brisbane

Exador
3rd October 2005, 08:56 AM
Hi all, my partner and I have been running a Lucas slabber on the Gold Coast and Brisbane for a few years and recently added a swingblade to the rig. We are in the process of establishing a shed and yard in Brisvegas and we have reasonable stocks of all sorts of nice timber from slabs of silky oak, red gum, bloodwood, tallow, cadaghi (beautiful stuff), camphor, mango, jacaranda and a couple of different pines (hoop, norfolk and radiata) to rough-sawn dimensional timber from all kinds of species, including both red and white mahogany, cadaghi, norfolk pine, silky oak, camphor, etc.

We don't have a website at the moment, but you can give us a call on (07) 3255 6622 (business hours) or 0400 455 705 any time. The yard is at 15 Brecknock St, Archerfield and should be operational within a week or so, although I would be happy to show you around if you give me a call any time.

Craig Minns - Eco Urban Timber

barnsey
3rd October 2005, 09:38 AM
G'day Craig

Sounds interesting. Next time I'm up that way I'll take you up on a guided tour. Always on the lookout for timber particularly to turn.

Jamie

MajorPanic
3rd October 2005, 09:27 PM
I'll be over when I get some time to meself Craig!

Need something interesting in 100X100mm for a bench base. Oh the top is Silver Ash :p

schaf
4th October 2005, 07:34 AM
Hi Craig'
All ways on the lookout for good tinber.
Mainly block size i.e. 150 x 150 mm for carving.Red cedar,White Beach or the imported Jelutong.
Can you supply this
Regards Terry

Exador
4th October 2005, 08:39 AM
G'day Craig

Sounds interesting. Next time I'm up that way I'll take you up on a guided tour. Always on the lookout for timber particularly to turn.

Jamie

We haven't really done much with turning timber in the past, having concentrated on slabbing, but we have started cutting 100 x 100 as a standard size in anything that looks interesting. We can go as large as 200x200 with the swingblade, but it starts to get pretty hard to handle. We don't have the room in Brissy to store much in the way of small rounds and burls, etc, but we will try to keep as much as we can. Look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.

Exador
4th October 2005, 08:43 AM
I'll be over when I get some time to meself Craig!

Need something interesting in 100X100mm for a bench base. Oh the top is Silver Ash :p

We don't have much that's properly dry in 100 x 100, but we do have some nice silky oak, camphor and white mahogany, all of which are from logs that were down for at least 3 years before cutting. Lots more camphor and silky to come and if you let us know what you are especially after, we'll look out for it.

Exador
4th October 2005, 08:50 AM
Hi Craig'
All ways on the lookout for good tinber.
Mainly block size i.e. 150 x 150 mm for carving.Red cedar,White Beach or the imported Jelutong.
Can you supply this
Regards Terry

Hi Terry,
Australian red cedar we have, the others, no. We don't have any in that size as squares, but I do have some substantial rounds that are that size or bigger and we can square them for you if you would like. Give me a call on the mobile if you're interested as we haven't moved any of the cedar to Brisbane from the Gold Coast.
Cheers,
Craig