PDA

View Full Version : eating my words

rick_rine
3rd October 2005, 09:11 PM
O.K. I did say renovations were for proffesionals . Basically I had a small leak in a unit I own that for the sake of 15 cents worth of silicone 35 years ago has resulted in a major overhaul , talking floorboards , studs , gyprock , joists and bearers . A slow leak of water blowing up under the corrogation roof has really caused havoc .
So I have many tradesmen on board , electrician , plasterer , builder , tiler , painter all of whom I ( and G.I.O. ) are willing to pay but while I'm at it I figure , lets go the full bit and put in a new kitchen . This is a one bedroom unit , more inclined to attract school leavers than sensible mature types ( read it's cheap ) . Quote for a new kitchen meaning 2meters only of benchspace including kitchen sink , $2,500 . Well I honestly reckon I built my blackwood kitchen thats 3 times larger and 100 times nicer for less so I have to admit to all you posters I WAS WRONG .
The quote was for a melamine ( is this the right term ? ) kitchen . For me I reckon it wont last 20 years in a rental unit . I guestimate I can recycle and re-use building a hardwood kitchen for $400 at the very most and have a kitchen for the next 30 years .

seriph1
7th October 2005, 08:23 AM
it takes a man to admit he is wrong - but we have women in our lives to remind us daily.

Depending on what your plans are for the palace, just get the melemine kitchen and get on with life I reckon - let the rentmonsters destroy that instead of going to town on some of your own craftsmanship

That'd be my take on it anyway.

EIther way - have fun! And I am impressed/amazed your probloem was voered by insurance

beej75
10th October 2005, 12:12 PM
Mate, I'm sure there's been more examples of your wrongness than just this... what about the way you treated your little sister in the past???

Daggy!

Belinda x