PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE:QLD Bench Grinder Eye Shields, Tool rests and water bath {Makita GB800} $40 plus postage

Plectropomus
19th May 2018, 11:58 AM
Hi, You know the drill. You move house and convince yourself you've lost some parts of your cherished tools. You search high and low, then resign yourself to a "Special Order". Within weeks of it arriving, you find the old bits in the back of a drawer you searched multiple times....
In my case it was the Eye Shields, spark breakers, tool rests and water bath from a Makita GB800 Bench Grinder, but some sort of mix-up in interpreting the parts diagram saw me get duplicates -- 2 sets of Eyeshields/spark breakers and 2 LHS tool rests.
The whole lot cost me $67 (receipt available) and I am selling for $40 (plus postage from Malanda 4885). Unused, still in packaging. Image attached

- Eye Shields left&right 217002 includes spark breakers and all fasteners {2 identical sets}
- water reservoir A19126 includes left and right tool rests
- LHS adjustable tool rest
More images available. Thanks!!

Mr Brush
19th May 2018, 12:40 PM
I know how you feel.....

I often wonder if there is a way of fooling the God Of Lost Things - maybe placing an order for the lost items, and then cancelling it immediately? Would the lost parts still miraculously reappear in the last place you'd think of looking? One of life's big mysteries.

Plectropomus
19th May 2018, 02:50 PM
Seems to happen way, way too often....then "Special Orders" end up being non-refundable in the fine print. Worse, my order for "2 eye shields and toolrests (Land R)" produced 2 whole sets of L/R eyeshields and toolrests after interpretations by several "expert" links in the chain -- including Makita. The spare parts diagram did not match the table of part names/numbers. Strange world we live in nowadays