PDA

View Full Version : A touchy feely monent

MathewA
4th October 2005, 08:28 PM
I have to say this. What Neil has created and his admins have nurtured and guided here is about the best forum I have ever been apart of, and I've been on the internet for a very long time. I can't think of anywhere else where I have laughed so much as I have here on a consistent basis (laughter is the key to a long life - Pete, Al... you'll live forever). For a bunch of folks that are decended from thieves and murderers you couldn't ask for a better group, and I mean that in the nicest way. My only regret is I didn't get off my fat canadian ass and move here sooner.

ozwinner
4th October 2005, 08:33 PM
- Pete, Al... you'll live forever). .

Whos Pete?? :confused:

Only kidding. :D

Al :rolleyes:

ozwinner
4th October 2005, 08:38 PM
Matt its a tough job, but someone has to do it.

I sit here night after night after a hard days yakka, and try to think of something witty to say.

I never can, so I just write drivel.

I just had this horrid thought, I hope Im the Al you refered too, or Ill look like a real doofus.

Alright you lot keep it down.........

Al :rolleyes:

echnidna
4th October 2005, 08:46 PM
I have to say this. What Neil has created and his admins have nurtured and guided here is about the best forum I have ever been apart of, and I've been on the internet for a very long time. I can't think of anywhere else where I have laughed so much as I have here on a consistent basis (laughter is the key to a long life - Pete, Al... you'll live forever). For a bunch of folks that are decended from thieves and murderers you couldn't ask for a better group, and I mean that in the nicest way. My only regret is I didn't get off my fat canadian ass and move here sooner.

Mate,
Definately this must be the best forum online.

Theres been so much immigration since the first goldrush days that Aussies have become a truly mulicultural society from just about every place on earth. There are probably very few people who could claim descendancy from the thieves & murders who emigrated involuntarily. Those hapless criminals are really the oz equivalent to the ancestors of the modern afro-americans, just white instead of black.

outback
4th October 2005, 09:02 PM
EEEWWW,

C'mon fellas wake up, we're all big tough men, none of this namby pamby girly talk.

Lets talk about beer and women and debauchery or something.

knucklehead
4th October 2005, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=MathewA] For a bunch of folks that are decended from thieves and murderers QUOTE]

Mathew, I take offence to that..........

I'll have you know I am decended drunkards and layabouts !!!!!!!!!

MathewA
4th October 2005, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=MathewA] For a bunch of folks that are decended from thieves and murderers QUOTE]

Mathew, I take offence to that..........

I'll have you know I am decended drunkards and layabouts !!!!!!!!!

Are you canadian?

Zed
4th October 2005, 09:23 PM
what a bunch of soft weenies you all are. :D

Gumby
4th October 2005, 10:00 PM
I sit here night after night after a hard days yakka, and try to think of something witty to say.

Please read my sig :D :D :D

shrek
4th October 2005, 10:20 PM
There are probably very few people who could claim descendancy from the thieves & murders who emigrated involuntarily. Those hapless criminals are really the oz equivalent to the ancestors of the modern afro-americans, just white instead of black.

I've got a convict in my family tree. damn proud of it too.

But I must agree with MathewA. I only found this forum a couple of months ago, but the help I have been given by a number of members has been fantastic and a great help with my woodworking adventures. Thanks to you all.

Rusty
4th October 2005, 10:39 PM
Matty, you're not kidding. Just when I think the board has degenerated into nothing but pancakes and stuffed animal bestiality..well, it has, but...if I stated fully what these forums have done for me personally? Well, anyway, it's remarkable what the collective wisdom of the world's woodies can do.

Peace, blessings and all the touchie-feeliness I can muster.

Lurve,
Rusty.

E. maculata
4th October 2005, 11:53 PM
For a bunch of folks that are decended from thieves and murderers

& that was just the Governor & his men, some of the convicts were pretty bad too :p

Bruce C.
who's family tree also includes beserkers, rapists, & cannibals, politicians the lot of em

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2005, 11:56 PM
...Lets talk about beer and women and debauchery or something.

OK, I'll start....

Beer....
http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/tooheys_old/tooheys_old.htm

Women....
http://www.you.com.au/model/super_models.html

Bebauchery....
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=12847

or something....
http://www.something.com/

RufflyRustic
5th October 2005, 08:02 AM
Hijack! Back to the touchy feely!!! (Sorry Cliff)

Matt, totally agree with you.

Yep, nothing beats this wood forum for cheering me up, making HWMBO look at me sideways when I laugh so hard i nearly fall off the chair and sound advice.
cheers
RR

DPB
5th October 2005, 09:23 AM
...My only regret is I didn't get off my fat canadian ass and move here sooner.

Matt, careful with that "fat Canadian ass" stuff. Some of us are very svelt!:D

aljenit
5th October 2005, 09:53 AM
HWMBO has caught me many times as I topple off the triton laughing into a pile of sawdust on my not so svelte Australian A**

outback
5th October 2005, 08:23 PM
Hey Cliff, I like the way the link to debauchery leads you right to this forum. :D