PDA

View Full Version : Ozito Table Saw

smidsy
22nd May 2018, 03:59 PM
I know Ozito is a dirty word in these forums, but I'm starting to hear good things about them.
Has anyone had any experience of their table saw - $180 for 2000w/250mm.
I'm wondering can it be that bad if their willing to put a 3 year warranty on it, I don't expect it to last ten years but if I could get 12 or 18 months out it until I can afford better I'd be happy.

Next up the chain the Ryobi for $310 more, looks like it's designed for site use and has a crap stand.

Here's the link for the Ozito.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-250mm-2000w-saw-table_p6290539

aldav
22nd May 2018, 07:34 PM
Rather than the warranty it's probably more about the precision that can be achieved. There's nothing more frustrating than a saw that won't hold settings or that has a floppy imprecise fence. If you have a critical look in-store it will probably help you make up your mind. I guess it depends on what your expectations are.

ian
23rd May 2018, 05:52 AM
several things come to mind
precision -- how much do you expect? the precision required for box and/or furniture making? or hobby grade (= sand the components till they fit)
repeatability -- how easy is it to return the fence to where it was two operations ago?
size -- is the table big enough for what you want to make?

and then blades -- does it take "standard" thin kerf blades from Irwin, CMT, Diablo, et al or only ones marketed by Ozito?
your first upgrade would likely be a combination blade from Freud or Diablo, followed by a dedicated rip blade

reuelt
23rd May 2018, 09:43 AM
save for
https://sydneytools.com.au/bayer-bt225-2000w-250mm-10-table-saw
It is Only $320. You can also pay by instalments - "BUY NOW PAY LATER".

(I have had a GMC brand tablesaw almost exactly like the Ozito. Fence NOT precise and not good enough for larger panels.)

Features:
Extremely light table saw with trolley function for more mobility on the construction site
Very compact for comfortable transport and space-saving storage
Powerful motor with electronic overload protection
Motor brake for quick stop of the saw blade
Restart protection: prevents unintentional startup after power cut
Precise parallel guide with double clamping and quick fastening
Precise saw blade inclination via gear guide
Automatic resetting to 0 – 45 ° after undercuts
Easy saw blade change with spindle lock
Precise, extendable table width extension for extra large working surfaces
Dual port dust extraction for low dust working
Specifications:
Rated input power: 2000W
Cutting 0 - 80mm
Maximum cutting
90°: 80mm
45°: 55mm
Max cutting width at parallel guide: 643mm
No load speed: 5000 RPM
Blade diameter: 250mm
Blade bore: 25mm
Saw blade swivel range: 0° to 45°
Dimensions (L x W x H): 900mm x 810mm x 550mm
Weight: 20kg
Warranty:
12 Months Warranty

Includes:
1 x Carbide circular saw blade with alternately bevel-ground tooth (40 teeth)
1 x Parallel guide/ripping fence
1 x Mitre guide
1 x Table length extension
1 x Table width extension (right)
1 x Chip and dust extraction unit
1 x Push stick

Mnb
23rd May 2018, 10:54 PM
I had/have an Ozito table saw. It's not good but it is certainly better than having nothing. I made my own fence and used sleds for it and you can make stuff. I needed strong ply for the base of the sleds because the table wasn't flat. It couldn't cut through an 18mm piece when tilted to 45 d and the measurements were useless so I used a sliding bevel. I don't regret buying it because I had nothing else but ...

As Ian mentioned it only used the bunnings blades.

DaveVman
30th May 2018, 07:43 PM
I reckon you'd be a lot better off with a 2nd hand Triton workcentre than that Ozito table saw for that money.