PDA

View Full Version : Wanted (ACT) Triton Mk 3 locking pin

Chrism3
8th June 2018, 05:32 PM
Anyone have one of these they no longer need?

Chief Tiff
8th June 2018, 06:09 PM
You may be able to make one from a cheap 2 dollar-shop screwdriver, the shank has a similar stamped section you can see it in those yellow plastic handled abominations.

Chrism3
8th June 2018, 06:19 PM
Thanks Chief,
I tried that a while ago, and did a good job on the locking end, but when I tried to bend the shaft it snapped - chrome steel.
Chris436905436908

Chief Tiff
8th June 2018, 06:51 PM
The screwdrivers I was thinking of are usually made from chrome plated lead so wouldn't snap like that! But staying on that theme though, do you have a MAP torch you can use to heat up the shank first?

Chrism3
8th June 2018, 07:00 PM
I bought the screwdriver at a $2 shop, and after looking at a few shops discovered they were all chrome steel.
Not sure what a MAP torch is, which probably means I don't have one!

arose62
9th June 2018, 02:59 PM
MAPP gas torch - handyman blowtorch https://goo.gl/images/GG8D5o

"MAPP gas" is a trademarked name, belonging to The Linde Group, and previously belonging to the Dow Chemical Company, for a fuel gas based on a stabilized mixture of methylacetylene (propyne) and propadiene. The name comes from the original chemical composition, methylacetylene-propadiene propane.

Chrism3
9th June 2018, 04:05 PM
I had a couple of Ronson butane torches, but couldn't get refills for them.

gidgee 1
9th June 2018, 06:25 PM
Hi Chrism3
I have a couple of the locking pins.Pm me your address and I will try to get them to you this week.
Cheers
gidgee 1