PDA

View Full Version : Woodwork project

s_m_w_d
6th October 2005, 08:21 AM
I have to do a woodwork project in school i picked a computer desk to build. Im looking for something can lift up part of the the desks top to reveal the printer underneath and something else to flip up a screen hidden in the desk. iv been looking at electric linear actuators is there anything else i could use?

bennylaird
6th October 2005, 08:34 AM
Have you priced the actuators? You may be in for a shock unless you have a good source.

s_m_w_d
6th October 2005, 08:43 AM
the price i got for then was 50usd each. is there any other way that i could do it?

oges
6th October 2005, 01:17 PM
might aswell be the first to ask .. do we need to buy a vowel to work out your nick? :D

no idea on your actual question though, hope you can work something out.

himzol
6th October 2005, 09:10 PM
It depends on how you want things to open/move etc.. It sounds like you have a fair idea on this, so I would go with the linear actuators. The other way is to use stepper motors and drive assemblies, which could get expencive.

Himzo.

s_m_w_d
7th October 2005, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=oges]might aswell be the first to ask .. do we need to buy a vowel to work out your nick? :D

the "w" and "d" stand for web designer

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th October 2005, 10:00 PM
You're a spider? I thought Ol' Eire didn't have... oh... no... that's snakes isn't it? :rolleyes:

s_m_w_d
8th October 2005, 07:41 AM
You're a spider? I thought Ol' Eire didn't have... oh... no... that's snakes isn't it? :rolleyes:

there are snakes but only once's as pets I think the legend is that St. Patrick got rid off them all sound like complete crap lol!

the "s" and "m" is just my name stephen murphy tipical irish name huh!