PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop brake

qwertyu
17th June 2018, 11:37 PM
Anyone know if I can buy saw stop brake from the USA? Will it matter that we have 240V?

Thinking of getting 8" one from Amazon to use with dado set

Midnight Man
18th June 2018, 12:27 AM
I just looked this up (you got me curious). I'm always keen to keep cash in my pocket rather than someone else's ;)

The brake at Amazon plus shipping to AU is USD$103. That converts on XE.COM tonight to AUD$138.47

You can buy the brake from Carbatec for $139.00 - give the very small difference (and pending uncertainty on GST impost), I would consider it not worth while purchasing overseas?

qwertyu
18th June 2018, 10:03 AM
Ah damn. I honestly didnt even check the price - just assumed we were getting ripped off!

Midnight Man
18th June 2018, 01:57 PM
Ah damn. I honestly didnt even check the price - just assumed we were getting ripped off!

Fair call! Sad that it's so typical that when it doesn't happen, it's a surprise :(

Just George
22nd June 2018, 09:37 PM
If you touch the blade while it is spinning at 200rpm or more, the break will activate, and if it is a finger save, you will get a new break. To get this, Carbatec need to read the cartridge, if you buy it from overseas, this may NOT be available to you. They do give good backup service