PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Victoria

boo53
5th July 2018, 12:23 AM
Hi.

I semi retired as a Civil, Structural Engineer and Building Surveyor about 9 years ago, and was a keen bush walker at the time.

A couple of injuries, and more time on my hands, saw me an occasional bushwalker and an enthusiastic but amateurish photographer.

Starting with those interests my wife and I started the Grey Nomad thing to see, photograph and walk a lot more of this country.

In the last few years I've also become quite keen on woodworking, starting with just a few little things around the house, then picture frames, and more recently refitting the study.

Lots to learn and looking forward to reading about all sorts of things on this forum

KeithP
5th July 2018, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Keith

boo53
6th July 2018, 04:15 PM
Thank you Keith

JJF
7th July 2018, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the forum

Christos
7th July 2018, 07:55 AM
Welcome to the forum.

old1955
7th July 2018, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forum.

boo53
10th July 2018, 12:46 AM
Thank you everyone

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

crowie
19th July 2018, 09:02 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum.
There are a stack members across the Melbourne area, lots in greater Victoria plus lots more across the rest of the country & the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork......
Cheers crowie

PS - Watch out for the Melbourne Wood Show in September plus Melbourne area get togethers to meet of woodworkers...

Allan at Wallan
2nd August 2018, 11:19 AM
Hi boo53,

What part of Central Victoria are you located.

Alan

boo53
3rd August 2018, 08:49 PM
Allan, just up the road at Seymour

Allan at Wallan
9th August 2018, 12:28 PM
Allan, just up the road at Seymour
Welcome aboard.
I live in Wallan (about 35 mins away).
Lots to learn on this site - great group of people.

verawood
23rd August 2018, 08:04 PM
Gday Al

I'm back on the Forum after a few years absent but under a new name cos I couldn't find the old one.
My Forum name is verawood, after the oily tropical wood down Argentine way.
cheers
Keith