PDA

View Full Version : The Glade

Dalboy
24th July 2018, 02:58 AM
Small hollow form 4" X 3 1/4" top is spalted beech for contrast and the main body from a dirty looking piece of London plain sprayed with ebonising spray and decorated using chestnut iridescent paints and finished with satin acrylic spray

dai sensei
24th July 2018, 10:10 AM
I like this one a lot more. I assume you are using the string method to paint the iridescent paint, something I was intending to try.

crowie
24th July 2018, 03:16 PM
Very nice Derek, your creative juices are surely flowing with your summer weather, Cheers, Peter

Dalboy
24th July 2018, 07:52 PM
Thank you Neil and Peter.

Yes Neil it was done with the string method, this is my first attempt. I think that a taller turning would have been better for the full effect but I did manage to get it in.

Yes Peter I have been trying to get a number of ideas done before next months woodturning clubs meeting as I have been asked to give a talk on different decorating methods as well as show the types of paints and mediums that I use. This is the reason for no work on the Monmouthshire waggon. Hopefully be back onto it soon

mick661
25th July 2018, 11:17 PM
I like it

powderpost
26th July 2018, 12:11 AM
That is nice Derek. Agreed a taller form will create a larger canvas for more opportunities.

Jim

orraloon
26th July 2018, 11:33 AM
Looks like a cup of cappuccino. A very unique piece and an eye catcher.:2tsup:

Regards
John

Keith_1
28th July 2018, 10:24 AM
Another class act from Dalboy :2tsup:

Regards

Keith

Dalboy
11th September 2018, 08:53 PM
First of all I would like to apologise to those that replied to this piece and I did not answer to or acknowledge.

An update on this piece. I could not say anything until now but as it is in print I can now mention it.

This piece is now a feature in the "Woodturning" magazine as well as another piece in a separate section called from the forum (Woodworkers Institute forums)

smiife
11th September 2018, 09:20 PM
First of all I would like to apologise to those that replied to this piece and I did not answer to or acknowledge.

An update on this piece. I could not say anything until now but as it is in print I can now mention it.

This piece is now a feature in the "Woodturning" magazine as well as another piece in a separate section called from the forum (Woodworkers Institute forums)

Hi derek , look forward to reading your article , congrats on being included
In the magazine , well done mate :2tsup:

Dalboy
13th September 2018, 07:10 AM
Thank you Smiife

mick661
13th September 2018, 08:10 AM
Nice piece

Dalboy
13th September 2018, 07:19 PM
Thank you mick661