PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy spray laquer

billyt
28th July 2018, 09:10 PM
Hi all, first time poster to this forum. A few years back, I purchased 4lts of Sherwood Duralc 15% gloss spray lacquer from a Sherwoods distributor out near Eastern Creek in western Sydney
Unfortunately, they went out of business and I have been trying to find a similar product to use on hardwood table tops, etc. I had great results using the Sherwood product.
What are the masses using these days? And where do ya get it in Sydney?
Thanks all in advance. Billy

China
29th July 2018, 02:25 AM
Home - MIROTONE | MIROTONE (http://www.mirotone.com/)

Rod Gilbert
29th July 2018, 10:09 AM
+1 for Mirotone I have used it for many years and always happy with the products.
Regards Rod.

billyt
29th July 2018, 10:16 AM
Great stuff. Thank you.

hurcorh
29th July 2018, 03:45 PM
22croma.com.au are Sherwin Williams Distributors here in Aus. I'm hoping to try Mirotone soon. Just found a local distributor. Best of all, it's Aussie made I believe.

Arron
29th July 2018, 04:26 PM
I use Wattyl Stylwood, with Wattyl Rediseal as a sealer, though I think precats are all pretty similar.

I use Wattyl products because I found them best when negotiating discounts.

John Samuel
12th August 2021, 04:35 PM
Picked up some sanding sealer yesterday, only to discover the PPG product I used to get has been replaced by a much more expensive product ... about $250 for a 20 litre drum. Sharp intake of breath.

Now looking for a supplier of lacquer, sanding sealer and thinners (in 20 litre drums) in Brisbane. Can anybody help? My searches have found only the Mirotone warehouse at Wacol, but the only way to contact them is through the Sydney office, or the local rep (when he answers his phone). It's not possible to rock up to the warehouse and buy product.

tomartomau
12th August 2021, 04:45 PM
Croma coatings, Yatala

John Samuel
13th August 2021, 01:49 PM
Croma coatings, Yatala

Thanks, tomartomau. I'll check them out. I'll need a cut lunch and a compass to get there, but if they've got the right product at a decent price, it'll be well worth while.

tomartomau
13th August 2021, 02:12 PM
I use the pre cat and sanding sealer and spray through a stage 5 hvlp.
I think the brand is Shermin Williams

John Samuel
16th August 2021, 02:01 PM
Mirotone just quoted me about $198 for a drum of lacquer compared to my old suppliers price of $250. I have used Mirotone's products in the past and been happy with them.

22Chroma quoted $152 per drum of lacquer, but it is a 40 minute one way drive to Yatala, and the Mirotone rep will deliver.

Progress is being made. My heart skipped a beat when my current supplier quoted me $250 for lacquer. So, the question is am I prepared to pay $46 to have the Mirotone product delivered and save over an hour and a half travelling to Yatala. I think this is likely, because the Mirotone product is a higher build product.