PDA

View Full Version : Large Plastic Pots - Half Wine Barrel Size

Sir Stinkalot
5th August 2018, 11:13 PM
Hi All,

I have a collection of about 9 half wine barrels filled with good quality that I have been growing dwarf citrus in for about 7 years or so. I have relocated the plants to the back yard after re-landscaping out the back.
The wine barrels are past their best now and starting to fall apart. Before they fully blow out I wouldn't mind transferring the soil into some new large plastic posts ..... which leads to the questions:

Where (for a reasonable price) can I get plastic pots that are about the same size of a half wine barrel.

Cheers

Stinky

springwater
6th August 2018, 10:46 AM
I happened to be on a job site where they'd just finished planting a number of mature trees which came out of large plastic pots. From memory they weren't quite the size of a half wine barrel but they would've been over 60cm diameter. Our dwarf nectarine has been happy in a 60cm pot for 8 years. Perhaps contact a nursery which grow mature trees.

Cal
6th August 2018, 12:49 PM
Pity you didn’t get to Paramount Browns these would having been perfect! Try them anyway they may have something else coming in. They have pickle barrels at $30, cut them in half maybe?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180806/f75a2b1268c324968e6e9944926ade59.png