PDA

View Full Version : Adelaidians & neighbours

Tonyz
11th August 2018, 10:24 AM
heading into big smoke shortly and would like to have a nosey around mens sheds,

so what sheds around greater Adelaide area.. including MB & Mannum times you are open etc would be appreciated. I have several other appointments, so I cannot guarantee if and when I would get to visit...

KBs PensNmore
12th August 2018, 01:38 AM
If you're in Murray Bridge on a Tuesday and Wednesday, between the hours of 10.30 - 2.00 I'd like to meet up.
Will try to find out the hours of the local Community Mens Shed for you.
Kryn

Tonyz
13th August 2018, 11:45 PM
Kyrn thankyou for invite, wife is now coming and wants to go shopping Tuesday, Wed the ute is booked in at Athol Park Wreckers for heart reboot, stupid auto sparkie I had, has done some serious damage to the computer heartbeat and needs tech service. dont get me started.

So I'll keep you in mind would love to visit sometime.

But I think this shows what I expected ...no other invites or suggestions,
why am I not surprised?
I think mainly the mens sheds organisation is a group of dying old sods who need a right kick in the proverbial, "Oh hi, who are you? What are you here for"? is the response Ive encountered instead of welcoming in visitors I felt like a leper walking in, or maybe they thought I was looking over to see what I could flog....damn there was a few things but they would have needed a forklift and truck.

Please yes I know there are some damn good ones around that are really busy and helpful but they are a minority.

ericks2
14th August 2018, 03:58 PM
If my shed was worth checking out then you would have been most welcome. Its messy atm and a work in progress....:) Aldinga Beach

Tonyz
14th August 2018, 09:49 PM
appreciate your offer but I was aiming my criticism at Mens Sheds not private owners

KBs PensNmore
14th August 2018, 11:43 PM
Do you know when you'll be around the Adelaide area, asking so I can get some accurate times for you?
Pretty sure the Murray Bridge one is open from 10.00am to about 1.00 pm with a BBQ/meal on Fridays.
I could show you through the Murrayland Turners shed also, if you wish.
Kryn

ericks2
15th August 2018, 12:35 AM
appreciate your offer but I was aiming my criticism at Mens Sheds not private owners

....no worries:)

Tonyz
15th August 2018, 10:27 AM
Do you know when you'll be around the Adelaide area, asking so I can get some accurate times for you?
Pretty sure the Murray Bridge one is open from 10.00am to about 1.00 pm with a BBQ/meal on Fridays.
I could show you through the Murrayland Turners shed also, if you wish.
Kryn

Kyrn, that would be great, lets make a date :oo: for friday. will pm you some details.

hurcorh
21st August 2018, 08:14 AM
I haven't visited any mens sheds but i'm sure most have an email or a phone number you could call? Maybe the organizers haven't read this post.

Woodwork | SAcommunity - Connecting Up Australia (http://sacommunity.org/thesaurus/14271-Woodwork)

https://mensshed.org/find-a-shed/

fenderbelly
5th September 2018, 12:01 AM
our shed is on Yorke Peninsula I think it's to far to drive just for a quick visit.
you could try the link below

AustralianMen’s Shed Association
Ph 1300 550009
Mobile 0458772 278
Email [email protected] ([email protected])Web www.mensshed.org (http://www.mensshed.org/)

fenderbelly
5th September 2018, 12:02 AM
sorry my reply came up twice

Tonyz
5th September 2018, 09:52 AM
Fred, Ive always had suspicions you were over that way. (Pt Victoria??) I have 3 trips planned to Adelaide between now and end Nov, but they are pretty well time allotted when I have spare time on another trip I'l touch base with you.

Crazy ole coot that I am I cover some crazy distances on my travels

fenderbelly
5th September 2018, 11:04 PM
Fred, Ive always had suspicions you were over that way. (Pt Victoria??) I have 3 trips planned to Adelaide between now and end Nov, but they are pretty well time allotted when I have spare time on another trip I'l touch base with you.

Crazy ole coot that I am I cover some crazy distances on my travels

Other side at the bottom

Tonyz
6th September 2018, 09:34 AM
is that crazy animal vet still over there? corny :)

KBs PensNmore
7th September 2018, 12:40 AM
It was great to catch up with you Tony.
When you say corny, I take it your talking about Corny Point?? Next time I speak to my brother over there, I'll let you know.
I pressume you talking about a female vet????
Kryn

Tonyz
7th September 2018, 10:15 AM
I didnt say that, but well lets put it this way, Ive never met a fruitloop male vet doctor.