PDA

View Full Version : Coles miniatures

Wongo
11th August 2018, 06:51 PM
I spent a couple of hours to make this wooden shelves for the little one. She is going to have a lot of fun. :U

440460 440459 440458 440457 440454 440455 440456 440453

elanjacobs
11th August 2018, 09:00 PM
Ah, the supermarket miniatures.... we won't give you plastic bags (that you can reuse several times) any more, but here's some useless plastic toys

triton2
11th August 2018, 09:59 PM
Nicely done. I'm sure she will be thrilled��

Treecycle
11th August 2018, 11:40 PM
Ah, the supermarket miniatures.... we won't give you plastic bags (that you can reuse several times) any more, but here's some useless plastic toys
Maybe that's what they are turning the leftover plastic bags into to get rid of them:roll:
I'm all for getting rid of the plastic bags, they're a blight on our world.

elanjacobs
11th August 2018, 11:54 PM
It's nothing more than tokenism so they can look like they're doing something. If they actually cared about reducing plastic, let them start with the things that are actually stupid; like plastic wrapped styrofoam trays of pre-cut veggies, plastic wrapped cucumbers and all the other fresh produce in plastic tubs and trays. They won't give you a free plastic bag anymore, but they'll gladly sell you one which is imported FROM GERMANY :doh:

Sorry to hijack the thread. End rant.

BobL
12th August 2018, 05:51 AM
I'd like to see the "War on Waste" people tackle kids plastic toys When I visit my grandson I am flabbergasted at the amount of toys and the amount of plastic in the toys. Like most things the packaging of these things leaves a bit to be desired - if the toys are made of plastic so why do they need a plastic package?

LGS
12th August 2018, 07:12 AM
Gee! I just wanted to say that you did a great job, Wongo!!

Glider
12th August 2018, 08:03 AM
They're quite expensive little pieces. I reckon Coles' brand name suppliers paid for both the tooling and components for "their" giveaway. I'd say that the connection between the giveaway and plastic bags is tenuous at best. This sort of program takes quite a bit of time to organise.

Back to the thread... It looks like the shelves will double as bookshelves as the little one grows. A great second use, Wongo.

mick

Mobyturns
12th August 2018, 08:04 AM
Gee! I just wanted to say that you did a great job, Wongo!!

Hope the kids enjoy the storefront and that it helps them learn how to handle money responsibly.

forrestmount
12th August 2018, 08:26 AM
When I first saw the advertisements for these miniatures I had the same thoughts Elan expressed. Building a shelf and turning these items into what looks like something that children will spent a lot of time having a lot of fun away from a screen, I have had a shift in my mindset. Well done looks great. I know some small kids that would love this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

HypnoToad
12th August 2018, 09:51 AM
You mean there supposed to by kids toys, I heard on 3aw that adults are going crazy over these things, some sell on Ebay for $30.00 each?

Great job of those shelves and good that the kids are enjoying them.

Treecycle
12th August 2018, 11:18 AM
Apart from all the hype that has been created here, Wongo has put them to good use for his little one. The way they have been photographed, they look very realistic and if we didn't know better you would swear they were real size.