PDA

View Full Version : Lapun.

Lapun
12th August 2018, 11:11 PM
I have turned some chalices and pates for a Communion set for our Church, and I would appreciate recommendations on what coating to apply to the interior of the chalices. The harshest liquid ever likely to be contained is grape juice. Is polyurethane finish adequate?

China
13th August 2018, 12:35 AM
Rustins Plastic Coating

Lapun
13th August 2018, 07:44 AM
Thanks, China. I will give it a try.
Eric.

brainstrust
13th August 2018, 09:20 PM
Can we see or should the church be getting the first look? Maybe after you present it :)

Lapun
15th August 2018, 12:05 AM
Yes, Brainstrust, there will be pics later in the year. All very plain and simple.
Eric.

brainstrust
15th August 2018, 11:30 PM
noice :2tsup:

Lapun
8th November 2018, 09:36 PM
Well, Brainstrust, the Communion Pieces project has achieved its objective, The pieces have been brought into use and have been well received. However, I have not been successful in forwarding the pictures I had promised. My attempts deny the 30 years of computer usage, and I concede defeat. I have followed the procedure prescribed, but whether my "Apple Tech" has addled my brain (old as it is) I do not know. To keep my promise, I am willing to forward the material I have prepared to a member who has superior digital skills who can accomplish and submit the material to the thread. Any takers?