PDA

View Full Version : Lost Art Press - Genuine 1962 prices

DomAU
22nd August 2018, 01:06 PM
Hi guys,

Not sure how long this will last, especially after I post this here, but Carbatec have a lot of the lost art press books on sale at the moment at ridiculously low prices. In hindsight I think that it may even be an error or something as the rrp is ridiculously low - and they've discounted on top of that!

Get in while it lasts. I suspect it won't be long. Unfortunately I already have most of the Lost Art Press books that I paid well over double the price for.

You're welcome ;)

Cheers, Dom

doug3030
22nd August 2018, 01:39 PM
I just had a look and they are approx 10% off of rrp right now

DomAU
22nd August 2018, 01:57 PM
I just had a look and they are approx 10% off of rrp right now

Some are in excess of 50% off the Australian price at other Australian retailers. Some are, as you say, about 10% off. The Woodworker volumes 3 and 4 are about $33 and $35 respectively, which is ridiculous! I paid closer to $90 each from memory.

Cheers, Dom

DomAU
22nd August 2018, 02:38 PM
Ah, I think I see what they've done. They have set the rrp the same in Au dollars as the rrp from Lost Art in US dollars. Plus a 10-15% discount on top of that. Plus no cost of getting them from the USA to Australia.

Very generous of Carbatec... :)

Cheers, Dom

DomAU
27th August 2018, 09:59 PM
Well I assumed that maybe they would issue a notice to retract their advertised prices but apparently not. So they must just be running a crazy discount!

I was also concerned that maybe they were selling pdf's or some sort of cheaper softcover version but I ordered 5 of the titles and they arrived (aside from one on backorder) today - all hardcovers and all brilliant!

I picked up Cut and Dried, Carving the Alcanthus Leaf, Ingenious Mechanics, Sloyd in Wood, and The Studley Toolchest (not discounted like the others but I was on a roll ;) ) . Lot's to read! I live the smell and feel of books; you can't beat it - I hate reading from a screen by comparison.

Cheers, Dom