PDA

View Full Version : Acylic pours

Grumpy John
1st September 2018, 12:58 AM
SWMBO has started doing watercolours, acrylics, watercolour pencil art and has introduced me to acrylic pours. I'm hooked.
I don't consider what I'm doing real art because I have no real control over the end product, it's messy but I'm having fun and it looks good.

My first pour. Gives me the impression of an alien landscape with a sun, or galaxy in the top right hand corner.

2nd pour. Pretty in pink.

Mainly primary colours with a little black and white thrown in.

Pat
1st September 2018, 07:27 AM
John, I like them as they are really open to interpretation and the viewer's imagination.

For me the first one is a boat on a stormy sea at night, the second is magma and the third is water spray backlit by the sun.

I'm down your way soon, so I wander around for a visit.

Simplicity
1st September 2018, 07:36 AM
Not something I would have thought I liked.
Well I like them especially the top one.

Will they be framed or just left as is.

Cheers Matt.

Grumpy John
1st September 2018, 07:59 AM
Not something I would have thought I liked.
Well I like them especially the top one.

Will they be framed or just left as is.

Cheers Matt.

Not sure yet. They are on 3mm MDF so would be best framed I suppose.

Grumpy John
1st September 2018, 08:01 AM
John, I like them as they are really open to interpretation and the viewer's imagination.

For me the first one is a boat on a stormy sea at night, the second is magma and the third is water spray backlit by the sun.

I'm down your way soon, so I wander around for a visit.

Thanks Pat, We've moved from Tooradin but I visit now and again.

Grumpy John
1st September 2018, 08:08 AM
Here's one influenced by an album cover from the 60's. Not sure that I captured the feel. Sorry for the reflection of the overhead lights, the paint was still wet.

Tonyz
5th September 2018, 02:09 PM
I did something similar on a shed concrete floor ONCE,
got the concrete damp...
splashed tins of different colour oil and acrylic based paints all over the floor
used an old broom and then a mop and air dryer
splashed another bucket of water over the lot

walked away for a week then holey moley we liked it, the landlord had other ideas but considering the overall state of the block we improved its value.

Cliff Rogers
5th September 2018, 02:17 PM
Slippery slope, have a look at some of this stuff.

http://youtu.be/2tgILeDyl24

Tonyz
5th September 2018, 05:19 PM
Cliff I like that but ...a banana? unless its a plastic one and going to be a 'personal' item.

ps I'll keep quiet about your being here if you do the same. Best wishes over next few weeks