PDA

View Full Version : Gmc Belt/disc sander

dennisfell
18th September 2018, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a GMC belt/disc sander like the one pictured, I took the front roller off some time ago to replace worn bushes and am having difficulty getting it back together, if someone that has one could they please photograph from underneath the front roller and adjuster mechanism please.
Thanks
Dennis

old1955
18th September 2018, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Dennis.

Ross

Jeffen
18th September 2018, 08:23 PM
Hi Dennis,

If you can wait until the weekend, I can do better than that, you can come around and have a look in person - I'm in Hervey Bay!
PM me for details.

EDIT: bring yours over and we can fix it here.

Regards, Jeff

dennisfell
19th September 2018, 06:17 PM
Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your kind offer, however I'm off to RBWH for a procedure. It would be much appreciated if it was ok to contact you when I recover.
Regards
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

If you can wait until the weekend, I can do better than that, you can come around and have a look in person - I'm in Hervey Bay!
PM me for details.

EDIT: bring yours over and we can fix it here.

Regards, Jeff

Jeffen
19th September 2018, 08:10 PM
By all means Dennis,

contact me when it is convenient for you.
Have a speedy recovery!

Regards, Jeff

JJF
20th September 2018, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the forum

KeithP
22nd September 2018, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Keith

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd September 2018, 04:36 PM
He.

If you weren't so far away I'd offer you mine for parts. I sorta overloaded it and let the magic black smoke out. Still runs... sort of... one winding short in power. :innocent:

Everything else is fine, apart from very obvious signs of use and blatant abuse.

crowie
29th September 2018, 10:47 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Dennis",
There are a stack of members in Brisbane & across S.E. Queensland plus the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

PS - On the GMC Sander; may I suggest you start a new thread in the general section to gain a wider viewing and thus some answers to your question...
Sorry sir but i'm no other help to assist this time...

Just George
1st October 2018, 10:30 AM
try toolsparesonline.com

dennisfell
1st October 2018, 12:56 PM
Hi Skew, How far away are you ?
Dennis

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st October 2018, 02:58 PM
Hi Skew, How far away are you ?

About 1200km south down the Newell. Oberon, NSW.

I meant to head out to the shed and take some pix of mine for you, but between work and personal stuff it had completely slipped my mind. Sorry. :B

So... I just went out with camera in hand and promptly discovered that I have a Ryobi unit, not a GMC. I did have the GMC, but that was this one's predecessor. :doh:

I don't rightly recall what happened to the GMC... I don't remember it breaking or being given away; most likely it's in the bottom of one of my 44gal "storage" drums. I'll have a rummage later on today but there are no guarantees except that I will find other tools and items that I'd forgotten I had.