PDA

View Full Version : Clubs in Melbourne?

GC
11th October 2005, 10:38 PM
Hi All,

A while ago I read in the local paper about a woodturning club / association in Hoppers Crossing. I can't find any info about it now.

Doe anyone here know of it, if not a club close by that I could join and get some help and feedback from more experienced turners?

thanks in advance - GC

Sir Stinkalot
12th October 2005, 08:47 PM
Altona Woodworking Club
45 Laurie St
ALTONA
Tel: 03 9391 6624
Email: [email protected]

Henri Styzinksi, Secretary
585 Geelong Road
BROOKLYN VIC 3025

Has access to local high schools equipment.

Sunbury and District Woodturners
PO Box 136
MACEDON VIC 3440

http://www.vwa.org.au/

joseph84
17th October 2005, 10:14 PM
I go to the altona wood workers club, just wondering if anyone here does too?

Sir Stinkalot
17th October 2005, 10:54 PM
joseph84 ..... I am at Lara so I we will be seeing one another shortly at your club ...... now should I reveal myself or hide behind the mystery of the forum?

GC
18th October 2005, 12:53 AM
So does the Altona club have a woodturners branch/division?

Or is it just woodwork of many types?

Sir Stinkalot
18th October 2005, 10:36 PM
I think that you will find that most clubs have a turner or two who you could speak with. There are also plenty of interclub meetings arranged that expose you to other woodworkers and turners around the area.

How about .....

Sunbury and District Woodturners
PO Box 136
MACEDON VIC 3440

GC
19th October 2005, 11:25 PM
can someone please tell me where & when the Altona club meets?
I've emailed without reply.

ta - gc

joseph84
19th October 2005, 11:35 PM
the altona club meets every tuesday starting at 7pm till around 10pm. There wood turning there or you can sit and talk shop.

Il be seeing you shortly sit stinkalot, hope you dont really stink :D

rsser
3rd February 2006, 03:59 PM
Can anyone give me a current contact for Koonung Woodturners?

Have tried VWA website and it's out of date,

TIA

Wood Borer
3rd February 2006, 04:14 PM
I'll send you a PM with a contact.

Metal Head
28th February 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi,

Are there any woodwork clubs in the northern suburbs of Melbourne that anyone know's of?

Cheers
MH

Wood Borer
28th February 2006, 12:05 PM
There is a club in Thornbury mainly into turning and a club in Eltham which does everything. Let me know if you want contact details for these clubs and I will PM them to you.

Rookie
28th February 2006, 05:12 PM
Wood Borer can you PM me the details of the Eltham club?

Metal Head
28th February 2006, 05:18 PM
There is a club in Thornbury mainly into turning and a club in Eltham which does everything. Let me know if you want contact details for these clubs and I will PM them to you.

Hi Wood Borer,

I live in Thornbury, so it would be great if you would be as kind as to PM the Thornbury details please.

Cheers
Metal Head

JackoH
1st March 2006, 08:47 AM
Will you lot please do a search?
Go to the Home Page of this site. Click on Links. Then click on Woodlink. (VWA) then clubs and , voila! All will be revealed!!

rsser
1st March 2006, 09:48 AM
Lot of those details are seriously out of date unfortunately.

woodknot
4th July 2006, 06:52 AM
Wood Borer can you PM me the details of the Eltham club?
Please could you let me have the name and details of the Eltham club too, thanks?

Wood Borer
4th July 2006, 09:28 AM
Please could you let me have the name and details of the Eltham club too, thanks?

Check your personal messages for the details.

John G
27th September 2006, 11:06 PM
Sorry All,
I realise it's an old thread, but was wondering of anyone here has up to date news about the Altona club?
I've sent a few messages off to try find out more about it, but apart from Stink, I haven't heard back.

Joseph84?
GC?

joseph84
28th September 2006, 07:36 PM
John, sent you an email not sure if it sent. We meet every tuesday around 7pm, at the bayside college in altona north.

blackwoods
20th December 2006, 07:42 AM
I realise this is a very old post but here are the details about the club you were looking for in Hoppers Crossing.....

WHEN?
The 1<sup>st</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> Wednesday of each month @ 7.30pm.

<o></o>

WHERE?
The Woodwork Room,
<st1><st1>Heathdale</st1><st1> Christian </st1><st1>College</st1></st1>, <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Derrimut Rd</st1:address></st1:street>,
Hoppers Crossing.
<st1><st1></st1><st1>Werribee </st1><st1>Plaza</st1>
</st1><o></o>
(except January)

We set projects once a month as a show and tell and often get one of our members to demonstrate. Plenty of advice if it is asked for and nothing competitive.

We think it is a very casual and friendly atmosphere catering for around 25 members. Last night was our Xmas break-up but if you would like to know more please PM for more info.

Here is the first couple of months projects we have set. We try to cater for all tastes and abilities.

2007 PROJECTS<o></o>
<o></o>

Option 1 Option 2 Option 3<o></o>
<o></o>
February 7th :
Rolling Pin Pot Pouri Bowl Set of Miniatures
21<sup>st</sup>:
Demo by TBA March 7<sup>th </sup>:
Mortar & Pestle Tagua Nut (Club) Something Natural Edged

Regards, Barry.

woodwork wally
28th October 2007, 09:36 PM
Hi there is a turning club at Hoppers It is the Werribee woodturners club and it meets at the Heathdale School woodworking room on the 1st and 3rd wednesday of the month . It is an active club with a good atmosphere and you would be welcome . Just turnup at 7:15 pm on the Derrimut road entrance and carpark is the on the left as you go in the main gate. Will look forward to seeing you there Regards Wally

Ashes
26th May 2008, 09:40 AM
Thread ressurection....

Just wondering if the Heatdale CC club is still active and who I might contact to get some more details. Pretty familiar with the place as I've got 3 kids who go to school there!!