PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Stemp

nivlek
28th September 2018, 01:51 PM
Any idea what happen to Brendan Stemp's, youtube video ?

Kel

shanesmith80
28th September 2018, 02:43 PM
Was wondering the same thing. Was looking for one of his old ones the other day but most seem to be gone.

NCArcher
28th September 2018, 06:42 PM
All of his videos have been removed from his Youtube channel

Optimark
28th September 2018, 07:23 PM
He had been selling stock at reduced prices, I think he may be heading in a new direction.

He also sold one of his lathes.

Whatever, I hope all goes well for him.

Mick.

brainstrust
29th September 2018, 12:12 AM
yeah.......I wonder why.

Paul39
29th September 2018, 04:45 AM
According to this: Brendan Stemp Woodturner Business Profile & Contact Details - Crafts [HQ] (http://www.craftshq.com.au/business-profile/24621-brendan-stemp-woodturner.htm) Brenden has been turning full time for a living since 1985.

Sometimes a person just gets tired. Doing something you love for fun is different from doing the same thing to make a living.

plt43
29th September 2018, 06:22 AM
I believe he is still around and doing some turning, just less of it.
Fortunately for us, he will be doing a demo for our group in October.... always entertaining and very informative.

brendan stemp
30th September 2018, 06:48 PM
I hopped onto this forum to let you all know what is going on with me...for those interested... and saw this thread. Good timing.

Basically, I have retired. My wife took on a bigger job and I was happy to back off with what I was doing to support her. I am now doing lots of landscaping/gardening and have dusted off the golf clubs.

I have hidden all the YT videos because I was sick of all the a-holes on the www that steal my content and use it for their own financial gain. I have had a couple of requests for copies of some of the videos and I am copying them on to a flash drive for these people.

I hope this clears things up.

Simplicity
30th September 2018, 08:04 PM
Good luck with the retirement Brendan, and enjoy the golf[emoji41].

Cheers Matt,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brainstrust
30th September 2018, 08:19 PM
retired??? I'm jealous! I long for that day, but only because I know I will be able to afford it.....................well I think I will. Good for you.

bruceward51
1st October 2018, 10:10 AM
Most of us only get into woodwork and turning once retired. Probably unique to the times we live in, but I for one am a tiny bit jealous that you got do do it for a living.

As one who has watched most of your videos, thanks for the ride. I still think you are the best of the lot and I have learned more than I can describe.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil Hansen
4th October 2018, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the videos, turning smock and mill notching tool. All good stuff.
Enjoy your new life.
Cheers
Phil

smiife
4th October 2018, 09:01 PM
I think it is a shame that a person with all that talent won, t be sharing with us anymore , I understand his reasons and certainly don, t blame him, but I think he has so much more to offer as a teacher and mentor for woodturners everwhere , and for the youngsters to learn the proper way turn , I think he will be surely missed by woodturners everwhere , I personly have watched and learnt a lot from his videos . Just my 2 bob, s worth !...............:;

Guy28
6th October 2018, 03:27 PM
Hi Brendan,
Sorry to hear that you've hung up the chisels but glad to hear you are doing OK.
You'd been a great supporter of the hobby, coming out and demonstrating for us at Eastern Wood Turners on numerous occasions - it was always a treat. From myself and on behalf of everyone at EWT, best of luck for the future.
Cheers,
Guy

DaveTTC
7th October 2018, 10:23 AM
I am happy you are able to have a change if this makes you happy.

Hope you can still drop by the forum and still share your knowledge and skill from time to time.

DaveTTC
The Turning Cowboy
Turning Wood Into Art

dai sensei
8th October 2018, 12:51 PM
Good luck with the retirement mate

China
8th October 2018, 03:20 PM
Good luck in the future Brendan hope all goes well in whatever is ahead. ( don't tell any one you have retired you will be more busy than working full time)

NeilS
15th November 2018, 01:51 PM
I have had a couple of requests for copies of some of the videos and I am copying them on to a flash drive for these people.

More details on Brendan's videos now available on USB flash drive in a new thread that I have started, here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/brendan-stemp-videos-224688#post2115417).

dwp
23rd November 2018, 11:27 PM
Spoke to Brendan at the Perth Wood Show, he is heading in a new direction, supporting his other half whom I think is working full time
David

rjtwin501
24th November 2018, 08:26 AM
Brendan Stemp has a sign out the front of his place saying that they run a cattery, very good one apparently.
Very busy job looking after cats.