PDA

View Full Version : Broadband slow?

sandman
12th October 2005, 10:37 PM
I have noticed last night & tonight that things are really slow on website. (I really only visit this one) I ran up to date Nortons updates etc & ran complete system virus check with all OK. My querie is whether it's my system or, the Net in general (Telstra Broadband) as no-one on this site has mentioned it from what I have read.
Regards Sandman. :confused:

Wood Butcher
12th October 2005, 10:44 PM
You're not the only one to notice this. Everything seems to be taking a little bit longer than usual today than normal, but I can't say whether it is this site or the net in general.

RETIRED
12th October 2005, 10:47 PM
I am on Telstra as well. It is slower than usual.

Wood Butcher
12th October 2005, 10:52 PM
I am on Telstra as well. It is slower than usual.

Doesn't everybody bar Cable internet ultimately go through telstra in the end

Grunt
12th October 2005, 11:00 PM
No. If you have Optus Cable you run on Optus Cables.

All ADSL goes over Telstra Copper wires.

PhilMcCrackin
12th October 2005, 11:07 PM
very slow for me also. Have telstra ADSL. Noticed last night and tonight this web site mostly and some other websites bit slower than usual.

I wonder if I qualify for telstra service rebate..........

Gumby
12th October 2005, 11:16 PM
I'm on bigpond cable. It's VERY slow on this site. Others OK. Same at work where we run Netspace ADSL. It's obviously a site problem, not general internet.

sandman
12th October 2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback folks. It certainly gives "piece of mind" knowing that it's not just me!
Regards Sandman. :)

Gumby
13th October 2005, 09:24 AM
It's fixed now, back to normal.

craigb
13th October 2005, 10:14 AM
Must've just been Telstra. My Optus cable was o.k. last night (and the night before).

Waldo
13th October 2005, 10:54 AM
G'day Sandman,

Can I just ask if you are running a MAc with Nortons? If so I have seen posts by other Mac users who have yet to learn about the danger of Nortons, one of which is a dramatic slow down of processing speed - just one of the many things it does to Macs. But that's not the worst of it.

If you are get rid of it and get Virex.

Simomatra
13th October 2005, 11:25 AM
I am with optus broadband cable and last night it was so slow that it was like booting up an old xtThis morning all is ok

So optus was running slow in se Qld last night

Cheers Sam

Auld Bassoon
13th October 2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Sandman,

Yes, I've noticed that too - also on dodgypuddle (cable)...

Cheers!

sandman
14th October 2005, 10:57 PM
Hi Waldo.
No I don't use a MAC and never have. But find Nortons to be fine on my system.
Yes. System seems fine now, but it certainly makes one wonder WHY?? when it faulters.
Thanks for all the input.
Regards Sandman.