PDA

View Full Version : FREE (NSW) Skill Sher pedistal router

bruceward51
24th October 2018, 08:06 AM
A friend along the street from me has a Skill Sher pedal operated pedistal router that he no longer needs and is willing to give away. It is 240 volt and in his word ‘works’.

The current owner is a retired builder who is rationalising his workshop. It would need to be a pick up job and the location is Wentworth Falls in the NSW Blue Mountains.

If you are interested, PM me and I will send you his phone number. I don’t have an email address and he may not have one!

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCArcher
24th October 2018, 01:10 PM
Sending a pm now Bruce

NCArcher
25th October 2018, 10:07 PM
Picked up the overhead router today and spent the afternoon cleaning it up. (It had lived outside under a tarp for a number of years)
It's actually a German made SF Sheer router and appears to be really good quality. It's a 2.5 HP, 1/2" beast. I'm guessing 60s or early 70s.
I'll post some pictures when it's lookin' all pretty again.

China
25th October 2018, 10:26 PM
When I saw the words Skill Sher it had me wondering, how ever you have undoubtedly got yourself a bargain Sheer routers are the Rolls Royce of routers

NCArcher
25th October 2018, 10:29 PM
I looked up the current version. 1500 Euros. Just for the router
I think I can still get spare parts for mine as well. I downloaded the exploded drawing with all the part numbers.

bruceward51
26th October 2018, 07:47 AM
Good outcome all round. Sorry I got the name wrong - I will put it down to the previous owner’s Kiwi origins and not down to my memory failing between a yarn over my new picket fence and a two day delay until I remembered to write the post.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk