PDA

View Full Version : Fiddleback Mango

MAPLEMAN
15th November 2018, 02:30 PM
Have always admired and respected Mango as a timber
When browsing at IKEA last week noticed they were selling Mango 'chopping' and 'serving' boards
All with lovely colours and figured grains :q
Here's a butterfly matching pair displaying all the attributes of the humble Mango wood...MM:)

MAPLEMAN
15th November 2018, 03:08 PM
And sometimes devoid of much colour but heavy with figure...MM:q

Emit
15th November 2018, 03:12 PM
Here is my appreciation to mango for all to see.

Fekit
15th November 2018, 04:00 PM
Nice I'm looking forward to hooking into some in the coming weeks. I've got 2 substantial butts and limbs coming tomorrow along with some Bollywood and Parasol Leaf tree (Macaranga tanarius). Shame they don't just dry over night

MAPLEMAN
15th November 2018, 04:16 PM
Nice I'm looking forward to hooking into some in the coming weeks. I've got 2 substantial butts and limbs coming tomorrow along with some Bollywood and Parasol Leaf tree (Macaranga tanarius). Shame they don't just dry over nightFeckit you live in a nice part of the planet...Wolvi is a beautiful area!...best of fortune with the milling of your logs...sure they will produce tasty timber!Be aware 'borers' LOVE Mango so spray sawn product immediately or soon after milling otherwise they will be hammered by the following morning('home brand' insecticidal surface spray)...and i mean hammered!!Bollywood too will need spraying as they will chew on it as well...enjoy the due process and of course wonderful Wolvi...MM:2tsup:

Fekit
15th November 2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the tip off MM.

This is a little chunk of crazyness I've got in the shed.

MAPLEMAN
15th November 2018, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the tip off MM.

This is a little chunk of crazyness I've got in the shed.

445697Yep...classy looking stuff on the 'quarter'...MM:;