PDA

View Full Version : A start is made

Wild Dingo
14th October 2005, 10:34 PM
Today I set to in the fine wonderous weather got out some tools and small thicknesser and then the timber and started measuring marking cutting and planing... aaahhh the fine scents of sawdust :cool:

So a Stevensons Weekender is on its way... Malaysian Sepiture for keel and stem Jarrah for trim Sheoak mast and boom Banksia wheel and so forth an so on :D

I have them almost done will complete tomorrow then start cutting the shapes... once thats done and theyre on their building form (expect Sundy morn) I will begin the keel for the Atkins "Valgerda" (an 18ft 7in Norse fishing boat of the viking style)... once thats on its form (expect next weekend) I will complete the two canoes I started a couple of years ago while doing the planking of the boats

People ask why I dont just do one thing and consentrate on that... my response "How bloody boring!!!"... see the way I plan it once the keels are done and its all setup and the canoes are done the new ubeaut shed will be up and tools set up and ready... so it will be a matter of making the frames for both boats at the same time then cutting the ply for both boats at the same time... lay the garboard and the bottom plankings then while that sets up make the wheel and tiller then while theyre setting up lay on the next strakes then make the masts and booms... so when I get to each section of the boats I do both at the same time... thus hopefully both will be ready for launch at the same time!... and the bonus will be that the canoes will be FINALLY done and in the water so the hoonberrys will have something to muck about in while they wait :cool:

Im about as happy as the proverbial pig in shyte! :cool: Dont yer just love it when things start to fall into place? ;)

Gumby
14th October 2005, 10:37 PM
Dont yer just love it when things start to fall into place? ;)

When it happens to me. i'll let you know :rolleyes:

Daddles
15th October 2005, 05:16 PM
Yer mad Shane ... be we knew that. :D

Richard

Wild Dingo
16th October 2005, 05:58 PM
Yer mad Shane ... be we knew that. :D

Richard

Sooo yer wee crow eater yer reckon Im mad eh? And who is it young fella thats actually built their boat?? mmmmm??? wouldnt be a mad croweater git known as Daddles ala Richard now would it? ;)

But thats okay mate we knew yer went bent and twisted mad as a cut snake in a wet paper bag bein savaged by crows :D

Dont no one say "good on yer mate" "show us the pics mate" noooo no one do that eh! :rolleyes: Strewth I may even show some if yer did that!!! Gawd stike me roan that would terrify even the most hardy of woodenknuts! :D

But just cause yer didnt ask Im not showin none! Nope beg plead sob into yer beer whatever! Im not showin!! yer own fault yer know so now suffa baby!!! :p nah buggar it! I wont show any pics till its finished launched an Im sittin back humungous smile on me dial sailin around in the glorious West Aussie sunshine... neener neener!! :p :D

Auld Bassoon
16th October 2005, 09:42 PM
Im about as happy as the proverbial pig in shyte! :cool: Dont yer just love it when things start to fall into place? ;)

Hi Shane!

For me, that's normally when the trapdoor that I'm standing on springs open...

Cheers!

Daddles
17th October 2005, 10:40 AM
Ah cripes Shane ya mad bugga. I didn't know you took piccies as well :D Share 'em mate, please. Preferably of the boats (though I hear the blonde next door is worth a look :rolleyes: )

BTW, did you go with concrete on the shed floor or are you still going to do wood?

Richard

bitingmidge
17th October 2005, 11:00 AM
Oh Shane,

I haven't read any of the thread apart from the bit where you are building a boat. (Just trust me on that OK).

Any chance of posting some pics during construction?

Like the ones you've already got??

Cheers,

P (who doesn't care and isn't at all interested.)
:D :D :D