PDA

View Full Version : new dust collection system for shed

robyn2839
15th December 2018, 09:49 AM
got a new addition to the shed ,never realised it makes a great dust collector,even with the door closed .

BobL
15th December 2018, 11:29 AM
Not only dust collector but maybe rust generator too?

rustynail
15th December 2018, 04:51 PM
You would be amazed at what these things will attract. As a young fella, I had a Kawasaki 900 motor bike... went like the powers. To the extent the local cops couldn't get near it, even with their XU1's. One evening I found myself the centre of attention for a highway patrol officer while making my way towards Terrigal Beach. In the interest of self preservation, I looked for the first available opportunity to vanish as the stretch of road didn't lend itself to a high speed get away. I noticed an open garage door just ahead on my left and as the cop still hadn't come round the last corner yet, I took the opportunity of making a quick left hander into the garage, jumping off the bike, rushing over and pulling down the roller door. Upon turning around to survey my surroundings, I came face to face with a naked women standing in said "dust extractor" located in a discreet corner of the garage! We were as surprised as each other! I apologised profusely and explained my unannounced arrival. The poor dear just collapsed back into the water, consumed in fits of laughter.

brainstrust
16th December 2018, 12:05 AM
all I see is an outdoor spa!!!!!

Huon pine fan
16th December 2018, 09:02 AM
I came face to face with a naked women standing in said "dust extractor" located in a discreet corner of the garage!

What brand of dust extractor was it? You didn't mention any sign of dust on her so it obviously worked very well.

BobL
16th December 2018, 09:17 AM
all I see is an outdoor spa!!!!!

Spa's produce bubbles and when they pop they produce a range of droplet sizes from drops you can see all the way down to water molecules.
The drops attracts dust in the air and falls back down to the ground including into the spa.

China
16th December 2018, 03:11 PM
My spa is at least 10m from my shed and dust still finds it's way onto the cover

tonzeyd
17th December 2018, 05:03 PM
What kind of CFM do you think that's pulling Bob and would you recommend 6" ducting for said dust collector?? :D