PDA

View Full Version : End Grain Sealant

spiderweb
17th October 2005, 09:40 AM
I am looking for an outlet in the Sydney area to buy bulk end grain sealant. I have prevously bought Mobilcer - M from Mobil Direct at Villawood, but they have gone out of business. I know Mobilcer - M has now been replaced by Mobilcer - 195, but I can't locate a bulk dealer.

Any advice??

barnsey
17th October 2005, 11:04 AM
When I was looking for one I used the Mobil website and not sure whether I got a phone number there or went to the yellow pages to find a dealer. Upshoot of all this was that any Mobil outlet should be able to give you the name and number of their distributor.

Baz
17th October 2005, 08:16 PM
I use Caltex Timber Sealer available in 20 litre drums, paid about $75 some time ago.
Cheers
Barry

Mike Jefferys.
18th October 2005, 10:39 PM
ADVERTISEMENT

The Wood Works offers end grain sealant in 1litre, 5 litre or whatever size drum you can supply. We buy it in 200 litre drums if you want that much.
Go to http://www.thewoodworks.com.au/details.html?eqskudata=C0677
mike Jefferys

soundman
18th October 2005, 11:12 PM
If you are "up the country" speak to your local rural fuel supplier, you know the dudes who deliver to the farmers. They should be able to order it in, to them it will just be an other drum of stuff.
cheers

Mike Jefferys.
20th October 2005, 03:27 AM
I understand Mobilcer is no longer available from Mobil but we market Log Shield in 1 and 5 litre containers which is either identical to Mobilcer or at least very similar. It is a water wax emulsion which washes up in hot water. Low or nil toxicity and can be mailed - in other words not a "dangeros good". It's the stuff used by parts of the trade and is, in my opinion, the best technical solution cost notwithstanding. Also seems to have a long shelf life - ges a bit colloidy over time but no matter, it's a sacrificial coating in any case. Go to http://www.thewoodworks.com.au/details.html?eqskudata=C0676
Mike Jefferys