PDA

View Full Version : Hafco SB-12 Blade Alignment

espltd
4th February 2019, 10:59 PM
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a second hand SB-12 and noticed the blade is out approx 40 thou from front to back. I don't have the manual so as best I can tell to adjust this I need to loosen the 3-4 of the bolts holding the mechanism to the cast iron bed so I can adjust the mechanism. Does anyone have any experience with this, as I'm struggling to loosen these bolts, and I feel like the 6mm hex bit is going to strip the inside of the socket cap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated with this.

Also, if this has already been covered, my search failed me, so feel free to point me to someone else's post.

Thanks
Troy

orraloon
5th February 2019, 02:41 PM
I found this so hope it's the same as your saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfPxAJnOYE&list=PL_pz7fA9Fli_z56aB2qdq-CdZ1QoTkSH8&index=4
As to the bolts being tight a good squirt of penetrating oil and let soak overnight then try. You may even need a bit of a tap with a hammer but be careful not to overdo that. Having a good fitting allen key is a must and you may need to first clean out the bolt heads for a good fit and tap the hex head in with a hammer.
Regards
John

espltd
6th February 2019, 09:38 PM
Orraloon, thanks mate that was exactly what I was after and I found it myself later that night oddly enough. I ended up stripping down the entire unit and flipping it upside down. Turns out a previous owner stripped them before me, which explained the struggle I had.

For anyone having the same issue, I grabbed the ground a slot into the bolt head and used a large flathead screwdriver in the slot.