PDA

View Full Version : hafco table saws

triden
17th October 2005, 11:00 PM
hi does anyone have any info on these?
sb-10h
sb-10
(tried to paste link but firefox wont let me, maybe in time i will get better at this internet stuff)
goto/hare&forbes site/new products/scroll down

i'm looking to by my first table saw. i was leaning toward the ryobi bt3100k, but after reading this fantastic forum i think i will go for one off these.
sorry for the stuffup.

Gumby
17th October 2005, 11:10 PM
SB 10 H Looks pretty good value
here's the lnk

http://www.hareandforbes.com.au/sample_2/home.php

inferno6688
18th October 2005, 02:15 PM
wheres the SB10h on the site?! can't find it!

bjn
18th October 2005, 02:44 PM
wheres the SB10h on the site?! can't find it!

Inferno

It's under new products.:)

Regards
Brenton

anthonyd
18th October 2005, 03:37 PM
Looks just like the carbetec (http://www.carbatec.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=180_450_3030_3075) model doesn't it.

Groggy
18th October 2005, 06:26 PM
hi does anyone have any info on these?
sb-10h
sb-10
(tried to paste link but firefox wont let me, maybe in time i will get better at this internet stuff)
goto/hare&forbes site/new products/scroll down

i'm looking to by my first table saw. i was leaning toward the ryobi bt3100k, but after reading this fantastic forum i think i will go for one off these.
sorry for the stuffup.triden, I've stayed out of the discussion of these saws until now, but thought I'd speak up.

When researching my current saw I looked at these saws in both H&F, Leda and Carba-Tec livery. I was not impressed with them, particularly after looking at the TC-10 and the TSC-10HB units.

Just make sure you look at the TSC-10HB before deciding on one of these.

andyfly
18th October 2005, 09:17 PM
triden
I have the sb-10H in the Leeda set up and I must say that im extremly happy with it i have had NO trouble with it whatever, when i bought mine at the Adelaide wood show I couldnt get a good enough deal on the TSC 10HB (they didnt give a cent off)so looked at MJ-2325CB (Sb 10 H) and glad i did. I must say however get the fence upgraded to the Biesemeyer Style Fence. I know every one raves about the TSC 10HB but there are other saws out there.

Rookie
18th October 2005, 10:52 PM
Triden, I picked up the SB-10H at the Melbourne Wood Show and just finished assembling it today. Haven't put any timber through it yet due to a slight oversight (no 15amp point in my shop :( ). I'll be fixing that very soon.

The same from Carbatec was still at their floor price, and Timbecon were way over that. H&F gave the best discount on the Sunday of the show.

I like the fence, but I'm real new at this and am prepared to be corrected. Very solid though and adjusts well.

I'll be putting up the series of assembly photos soon, at Gumby's suggestion, as soon as I finish off lining everything up and adjusting blade and fence.

One thing to be aware of is that it tilts to the right, not the left. It also won't really take a dado set, but I didn't have that high on the list of priorities.

As Andyfly said, there are other saws out there apart from the TSC-10HB, but the TSC has things like a triple belt system instead of a single, which is better for torque on the 3HP motor, as well as a dado capable arbor, and I think it tilts to the left. I wasn't prepared to pay the $700 premium for that though (plus a few other features). I'm just starting out and aren't going to buy a rolls royce each time I want machinery........ yet. There IS a difference though Andyfly.

boban
18th October 2005, 11:15 PM
Personally I think that for the price you are paying for this saw, it stacks up really well against a Triton setup. Thats where I started and so many others as well. I wish this saw was available then as I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Good luck with it.

Gumby
18th October 2005, 11:56 PM
I'm with boban. These saws will put Triton under a lot of pressure. Maybe too much eventually. :(

But at that price, how can you not buy one.

triden
19th October 2005, 10:27 PM
thanks folks, i think i will take a trip into sydney and have a look at the sb-10h. i really appreciate your input. will keep you posted.:)