PDA

View Full Version : Ayao 100mm Chuck.

Ronnus
1st March 2019, 10:33 AM
G'day to all. I am new to this Forum and I am looking for some help. I have just purchased a AYAO 100mm chuck, looks good, very heavy came in a fancy alu box, very impressed. What are all the bits for? how does it work? how do I fit it on the AYAO 10x18 Lathe?:C:C:C:C YES it's my first Lathe and it scares the Crap out of me. I NEED HELP AND ADVISE. PLEASE SOMEONE, ANYONE.
CHEERS
Ronnus

Treecycle
1st March 2019, 11:09 AM
Probably better putting this in the Turning section. edit- now it is
Is this what you received?

450041 450042

NeilS
1st March 2019, 12:38 PM
G'day to all. I am new to this Forum and I am looking for some help. I have just purchased a AYAO 100mm chuck, looks good, very heavy came in a fancy alu box, very impressed. What are all the bits for? how does it work? how do I fit it on the AYAO 10x18 Lathe?:C:C:C:C YES it's my first Lathe and it scares the Crap out of me. I NEED HELP AND ADVISE. PLEASE SOMEONE, ANYONE.
CHEERS
Ronnus

If you have the components that Treecycle has displayed:

The chuck should already have the necessary thread on the back to screw straight on to your lathe spindle. If it does not fit, you need to get an AYAO adaptor from your supplier.

The ring is for holding medium to larger bowl blanks. You screw the ring to the blank through the four holes and the ring is then held by the dovetail jaws, in expansion mode.

The screw is used to hold small to medium bowl blanks. You drill a suitable sized hole (less than the diam of the screw) into the blank. The rear of the screw is clamped in the jaws with the jaw base plate fits into the recess in the screw. Spindle lock on. Hand screw the blank on. Spindle lock off.

NOW, if it is your first lathe, do the smart thing and get some lessons from an experienced turner before you turn it on! I will leave it to the Brisbane members of the forum to suggest where?

Stay safe and...

Ronnus
1st March 2019, 02:15 PM
Yes it is.
cheers

Ronnus
1st March 2019, 02:17 PM
Thank you.