PDA

View Full Version : Drawer gaps between carcass

Salem
13th April 2019, 06:02 PM
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Ive built a standard chipboard wardrobe and need to head home tonight to work out the final sizing for the drawers. I've bought the drawer slides/runners but it doesn't make any reference to clearance required. I assume based on other resources and measuring the runners themselves that I should be building the drawers to be 25mm short of the inner carcass dimensions. Appreciate any recommendations.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Runningman
13th April 2019, 07:54 PM
I assume you are talking about the width of the drawers compared to cabinet. If so, then yes, most decent runners are 1/2 inch therefore1in deduction of the cabinet width

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkahestic
23rd April 2019, 05:23 PM
:whs:

Also, you may need to consider the front to back distance as well, if you have push to open runners.

mark david
9th May 2019, 11:07 PM
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Ive built a standard chipboard wardrobe and need to head home tonight to work out the final sizing for the drawers. I've bought the drawer slides/runners but it doesn't make any reference to clearance required. I assume based on other resources and measuring the runners themselves that I should be building the drawers to be 25mm short of the inner carcass dimensions. Appreciate any recommendations.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

With the Standard single extension drawer slides needing an allowancecof 25mm I usually make my drawers about 27mm narrower and make a small shim that I can ad to either side if necessary. There's nothing more annoying than having the drawer too tight and having to rout along a drawer side to make it fit.