PDA

View Full Version : FREE (VIC) Buffet for material

Handyjack
1st May 2019, 10:23 PM
L shaped buffet which has been dismantled. Appears to have solid timber top and end panels. About 2 metres long.
Could be re assembled if required. Will only be available for a short time as the property needs to be emptied. Currently in Stonnington.
Unfortunately will be broken up if no takers. Please PM.

crowie
1st May 2019, 11:20 PM
Wish you were closer Kevin as i'd grab it... Peter

aarggh
2nd May 2019, 08:18 AM
I'd absolutely love to grab it to re-use the timber for a number of projects, but it looks to me like it's veneered chipboard looking at the cupboard edges?

Does the back edge of the big piece show timber or chipboard edge please?

If it's timber I can come around tomorrow after work if that suits?

cheers, Ian

Handyjack
2nd May 2019, 08:27 PM
I will be able to look for you on the weekend.

aarggh
2nd May 2019, 10:11 PM
Fantastic, thanks for that, I'll be stoked if it's timber and not chipboard!

cheers, Ian

Handyjack
3rd May 2019, 08:56 PM
These two images (also in the opening post) show the underside of the top, and the inside of where the two sections of the body join together. That is areas that would not normally be seen. You will also note the mitre join on the top.

aarggh
3rd May 2019, 09:06 PM
Hi there, they are the same as the ones above though that don't show the back edge? Is the back edge chipboard or timber please?

In other words, the right hand edge of the long piece, is it veneered chipboard as I suspect it might be?

cheers, Ian

Handyjack
4th May 2019, 05:44 PM
Aarggh, you are correct. It is laminated chipboard.
Still open to offers. If none received I will be cutting it up for disposal and firewood, though not likely for the next week.

Another couple of images.

aarggh
4th May 2019, 06:35 PM
Bugger! I was really hoping it was timber, thanks for letting us know.

It would make a really great workbench top possibly for someone, so hopefully it may be grabbed!

cheers, Ian

Handyjack
16th May 2019, 08:16 PM
:(:sad2::weeping: Sorry no longer in one piece.