PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ Wanted Wood Carver or CNC to replicate old Billiard table leg/bolt cover plates

Craig563
4th May 2019, 06:10 PM
Hello,Craig here from Eaglehawk, (Bendigo) Central Victoria.I have bought a somewhat dilapidated billiard table to both semi restore and utilize.This table, as with many older tables, has been the victim of disassembly many times and as a consequence some of the trim facades have been damaged/destroyed or lost.These trims basically cover unsightly bolts and screws used to hold the structure/frame of the table together.I ask is there anyone willing and able to replicate these pieces in the same or similar timber for me?I have attached a number of photos of these pieces along with some rudimentary sizing.I require 12 (twelve) of each piece.LARGER PIECE127 mm Wide28mm Thick (at centre) ##239 Long## (could be made from two pieces to obtain thickness)SMALLER PIECE38mm Wide7mm Thick228 LongI assume they are hand carved due to their rough appearance and inconsistent lines, however, I have NO objection to their replication using more modern, less time consuming and even more accurate reproduction process.I am no expert on wood but as a guess would think it to be burr walnut? I can provide you the examples photographed should you require. Hope someone can help me out and their price to replicate these pieces isn’t prohibitive.MANY THANKS