PDA

View Full Version : 2 more perfume pens

Fumbler
7th May 2019, 05:31 PM
Here's another 2 perfume pens, this time pearl swirl "poly resin", its messy stuff to work with but once sanded and micromeshed they come up a treat.

1 each for the wife and mother-in-law

Gary H
8th May 2019, 09:28 AM
Fumbler, that pearl effect is great. Two happy customers guaranteed! Did you make the blanks and, if so, just how messy or difficult were they?

Cheers, Gary

Penpal
8th May 2019, 09:40 AM
Very diplomatic Fumbler,the finished product is showy and useful ready for that voluminous handbag.Thanks for sharing mate.

I made the mistake when I made my first one in fact the first turning approaching a pen by buying and filling with a very expensive perfume. WRONG one I am afraid and lesson number two thousand for me.

Peter.

Fumbler
8th May 2019, 11:02 AM
Fumbler, that pearl effect is great. Two happy customers guaranteed! Did you make the blanks and, if so, just how messy or difficult were they?

Cheers, Gary

No they were off the shelf blanks from Timberbits, they are a poly-resin, and instead of strips of plastic, it's like chalk, very hard chalk, and very dusty when sanding until you get to the wet sanding part. So wear your mask.

Fumbler
8th May 2019, 11:06 AM
Very diplomatic Fumbler,the finished product is showy and useful ready for that voluminous handbag.Thanks for sharing mate.

I made the mistake when I made my first one in fact the first turning approaching a pen by buying and filling with a very expensive perfume. WRONG one I am afraid and lesson number two thousand for me.

Peter.

The old handbag, the women's tardis!! I was concerned that they were too small and would get lost, but they are ideal for the clutch purse!! And very elegant when out and about.

as for lessons learnt, I think we all have s few thousand more to learn.