PDA

View Full Version : Conductors Baton - finished and housed

Fumbler
21st May 2019, 03:12 PM
Finally it's finished and housed, African Wenge / Silver ash - 382mm long, 8mm square down to 3.5mm.

also been posted in the box making section.

454902 454903

smiife
21st May 2019, 08:38 PM
Hi fumbler , very nice , box looks good too ! Well done :2tsup:
Why am I seeing an add as a comment in this thread ?????

LanceC
21st May 2019, 11:08 PM
Ha! I’ve been reading a biography of someone growing up in Africa in the 50s who writes fondly of many train journeys as a kid.

With that on my mind, I was intrigued to see what a custom made baton for a train conductor would look like, and rather surprised that they were still permitted to carry one. Opening the post, it took me a couple of seconds to understand what I was looking at, then it clicked. :D

That’s a lovely delicate piece of work, well done. Can you share who you made it for, and where it will be used?

Lance

Fumbler
22nd May 2019, 12:37 AM
Smiife, I am seeing the same thing, and also have lost the "likes" and "thanks function"

Xfigio, it was a challenge from the president of my Association for a friend of his friend who is a choir conductor, and was struggling to find any of this specific dimension. Although he wanted it plain, I thought a 2tone would look better. If they don't like it, I will have a nice piece to show off or chorale the kids with!!

ubeaut
22nd May 2019, 09:06 AM
Problem with change to promotions of members. Hopefully will be fixed later todahy.

Sorry about this.

Neil :C