PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Amatuer back yard woodworker and CNC user from Adelaide

BoneInspector
22nd May 2019, 04:22 PM
Hello all,

Happy to have found this site as it looks to have a lot of information contained inside.

I'm firmly an amatuer woodworker, happily turning wood into sawdust for almost 4 Decades. My father was a trained builder who turned his hand to restoring and construting wooden boats and I spent many days helping out whilst growing up.

This time exposed me to most of the usual tools in a typical shed and some other odd methods of working - Turning a heavy drill, wooden post, nail, washer and some oil into a makeshift lathe to make wooden oars is a standout on how to do stuff without the proper tools. The bucket of water for when it catches fire was optional.

Moving from the country and a workshop full of great toys to the suburbs I am now constrained and must work in my garage (attached to the house) This has necessarily limited my project scope somewhat and as a result I have focussed on smaller and more detailed work in recent years.

Also, as I have a full time office job I cannot practice as much as I want so these constraints combined to lead me to purchase a CNC router and see what I could do. I'll probably post up my latest creation as I'm particuarly proud of it.

Anyway, hope to linger around and be able to have a look at things, learn a bit more and maybe share what I have learn't along the way.

Andrew ( BoneInspector (My internet name chosen by my 15yo self who thought it was cool at the time))

ericks2
22nd May 2019, 08:09 PM
Welcome Andrew....:)

Cal
22nd May 2019, 09:06 PM
Welcome Andrew! If it interests you, I am holding a forum get together for South Aussies here in Strathalbyn on the 16th of June. There is a thread running in the “forum get together” pages, jump over and add your name if you wish to :)

BoneInspector
22nd May 2019, 10:22 PM
Thanks Cal, I did see that earlier. I have three kids that make getting out and about a little hard. Will see if I can manage it.

old1955
23rd May 2019, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Andrew.

KeithP
23rd May 2019, 10:45 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Keith

JJF
29th May 2019, 11:30 PM
Welcome Andrew....

crowie
10th June 2019, 10:09 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Andrew".
There are quite a few members around Adelaide and cross Sth Aust plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork......
Cheers crowie

PS - Also I think I saw an Adelaide Forum Members Get Together