PDA

View Full Version : Toot my own horn!

savage
25th October 2005, 12:53 AM
Well! guys like me or not I would like to announce the 25th silver wedding anniversary of SWMBO and myself, 25th october 2005, it's been a wonderful experience, 3 children, struggles to get a home and as of xmas 2004 nearly loosing it, both struck down by debilitating illness, me 1999 her mid 2004, both lost jobs, things looked grim, I know where not the first to be in this situation and will not be the last. Each New Years eve, we say to each other, "this one will be better", 2005 1st January, BANG!, first prize in Lotto saved by the bell. We now are lucky to own our home and have a few luxuries and some tucked away for a rainy day. Now the wierd part, the numbers that won for us where the day and date we first met, the day and date we got engaged and the day and date we got married, is that scary or what!......:eek:
savage(Eric):cool: :)

Ashore
25th October 2005, 01:35 AM
Eric
The lotto win pales into insignifance against the 25 years , obivously you have enough going for you both as partners that the lotto is only the icing

We had 33 last year, and a lotto would be nice but its great to wake up next to that special person each morning and know that your both there because you want to be regardless of the finances or hardships, by the sound of things weather you had a lotto win or not ( and good luck to you for it) you would have still been happly celebrating your 25 together.

So happy 25th and I will happly read your thread for the 50th

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Ashore

rodm
25th October 2005, 02:14 AM
Eric & SWMBO
They say it is a lot of hard work and some luck. Sounds like you have put in the hard yards and have had some luck too.
Congratulations and may there be many more.

maglite
25th October 2005, 02:36 AM
Not nearly as scary as a guy admitting to actually remembering those 3 days and dates :D

Seriously tho, best of luck to both you and the wife...may the next 25 be both fortuitous and satisfying.

Steve

Wood Butcher
25th October 2005, 08:22 AM
Congratulations Eric!!!!
I wish you and SWMBO all the best today.
Just wondering, are you doing on the computer?? Shouldn't you be with her???:D

RufflyRustic
25th October 2005, 09:26 AM
Congratulations Eric and SWMBO!

Cheers
Wendy

Driver
25th October 2005, 09:50 AM
Congratulations Eric. Great to hear that someone who has had to endure some hard times gets a bit of good luck.

Here's wishing you another happy 25 years!

Col

Wongo
25th October 2005, 09:59 AM
Eric,

Congratulations on your lotto win. Oh I mean your 25th anniversary. :p

Best of luck mate. :)

Christopha
25th October 2005, 06:05 PM
lotto would see me clear of my nearly 25 yr SWMBO.... gone like a shot!

Kev Y.
25th October 2005, 08:47 PM
Careful Christopha.. your starting to sound like that OTHER sour old fart..... Doorstop :p

savage
25th October 2005, 09:06 PM
From my lovely wife and I, thank you all for your well wishes and congratulations, I just had to say something as you can imagine it is a personal mile stone in our lives together and just felt it a note worthy thread to share with my new found friends. Again thank you all for all of your past help and wishes, hope I can make some useful contributions in the future and have a laugh with all of you!:)

savage(Eric):)

Auld Bassoon
25th October 2005, 09:27 PM
Just very good fortune mate - enjoy and be happy!
Cheers!