PDA

View Full Version : Coffee table legs commission

3 toed sloth
2nd July 2019, 09:39 AM
Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a set of turned coffee table legs for me. I make furniture on weekends but I'm not into turning. My daughter has fallen for the "farmhouse" look and wants me to make her a coffee table with turned legs. The legs and rails will be done in that painted/distressed look so they can be done in pine or anything really.

The legs would be on the chunky side, around 90mm x 90mm by about 400mm long. I have some photos she sent me if anyone is interested.

TIA, Peter

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd July 2019, 11:12 AM
If no-one closer to you is interested in taking you up on this... AND you're willing to drive out Oberon way, I reckon I can help you out with this.

Keep me in mind, just in case.

3 toed sloth
3rd July 2019, 07:26 PM
Well, over 400 views and only one reply, looks like you'd better get that lathe fired up Skew!:D

What's the next step?:? I have some photos she sent me to give you an idea what I'm after. I'm happy to go for a drive out there, I've been meaning to head there to have a look at the timber mill anyway. Is it still there?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th July 2019, 12:21 PM
There's a healthy logging industry going on out here, but I'm not aware of any mills. Not that this means anything, apart from "I haven't looked since I moved here" as I source my slabs elsewhere.

I'll send you a PM.