PDA

View Full Version : Vicmarc VM175SH lathe

CROOK
16th July 2019, 10:58 PM
I have put a deposit on a Vicmarc VM175SH lathe and will pick it up this week. It will have to be partly dismantled for transport. This seems a good opportunity to give it a check over and do any service that is required. It is an older model but appears to be in excellent condition. Does anyone have any tips for servicing and/or a copy of the owners manual in PDF form?

Thanks
Glenn

Enfield Guy
20th July 2019, 09:17 PM
I think you will find the owners manual is available to download on the Vicmarc website. I could copy mine if needed but that I where I got mine.

skot
20th July 2019, 10:46 PM
Will you need to partly dismantle the lathe.

I moved mine complete using a 6x4 trailer, hired motor hoist and some thick sisal rope.

nherley
11th September 2019, 02:38 PM
I think you will find the owners manual is available to download on the Vicmarc website. I could copy mine if needed but that I where I got mine.

Hi Tom, no owners manual on the site for my 2002 Vicmarc Lathe, Model: VL175, Serial No: 268
Any chance you could email me a copy of yours please?
[email protected]

Enfield Guy
11th September 2019, 07:28 PM
Whilst the VL175 is not specifically mentioned in the current manual on the vicmarc website. The details are the same. All the info you need can be gleaned from the download. They still make a swivel head lathe and the principles are the same.

Best
Bevan

nherley
12th September 2019, 08:46 AM
Thanks, sorted! The manufacturer send me a copy.