PDA

View Full Version : LV Box

Dalboy
28th July 2019, 05:10 AM
I was not planning on going in the workshop to turn this as I had something else I wanted to complete.
Anyway, this is a box made from Lignum Vitae and measures 4" X 3" to the top of the finial/handle. Sanded to 2000grit using woodwax 22 as a lubricant as I feel it needed nothing else as it looks OK
Only 17 more balls to go and one small one not sure what to make with them

wheelinround
28th July 2019, 11:09 AM
That is impressive whats the knob made of?
Thats a lot of balls you have to play with [emoji1787]
Some poor old bowlers hung theirs up and you grabed them at reasonable price obviously.

Edited must gave been hard turning a round bowl into a round bowl [emoji848]
Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Dalboy
28th July 2019, 11:44 AM
Thank you.

The knob is alternative ivory in other words acrylic pen blank.

I was lucky that my sister belongs to a bowls club and got them for nothing

wheelinround
28th July 2019, 12:01 PM
Thank you.

The knob is alternative ivory in other words acrylic pen blank.

I was lucky thetmy sister belongs to a bowls club and got them for nothingThought it may have been Derek.

Lucky boy

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Paul39
28th July 2019, 12:17 PM
Dalboy,

Absolutely stunning!! Local supplier has a little LV Lignum Vitae Turning Blanks - Cormark International (https://cormarkint.com/product/lignum-vitae-turning-blanks/)

crowie
28th July 2019, 05:16 PM
Beautiful Derek.
I’m glad you’ve found a good use for bowls that have been used in an overhanded manner.
Cheers peter

Dalboy
28th July 2019, 06:31 PM
Thank you all.

Peter the balls are no longer used now as they have gone over to the composite made ones now. This will be another competition piece as I am trying to get a few done as I use to always leave it until the last minute to make them.

wood spirit
30th July 2019, 08:08 PM
Have heard of the practice of grabbing an old mans bowling balls and playing with them. Yours looks much better than the google search:D